Road repair and improvement programme 2019/2020
Using our highways asset management approach, we identify and prioritise what maintenance, repair and improvement work to do each year.
We plan to finish the following schemes in this financial year:
Capital maintenance of the network
- Level 3 Carriageway Surface Treatments (PDF, 767KB)
- Level 2 Carriageway Patching (PDF, 162KB)
- Level 3 Footway Treatments (PDF, 714KB)
- Level 2 Footway Patching (PDF, 113KB)
- Drainage Works (PDF, 2MB)
- Local Measures and Network Management Programme (PDF, 34KB)
- Bridges and Structures (PDF, 101KB)
Capital management of the network
- Sustainable Transport Enhancement Programme (STEP) (Cycling, walking and public transport) PDF, 348KB)
- Traffic Signals and Vehicle Activated Signs (PDF, 47KB)
- Vehicle Restraint Programme (PDF, 40KB)
- Road Safety (PDF, 44KB)
- Level 3 Road Markings (PDF, 38KB)
Plans can change for a variety of reasons, including:
- unexpected scheme-specific issues
- new priorities arising
- unexpected costs
For an explanation of levels 1,2, and 3 and more information on how we make repairs and improvements, see road condition and repairs.
For information on what happens when we close a road, see how we manage road closures and diversions.