Flooding emergencies

Responsibility for protecting homes and businesses lies primarily with owners and occupiers. However we will always work to provide assistance where it is considered most needed and if circumstances permit during flood events.

The gov.uk website provides guidance on how to prepare for flooding, along with how to get help during and after the flood event.

If it is an emergency and there is danger to life as a result of flooding you should call 999

Report it

To report flooding of the highway or blocked drains, standing water or flooded property , use our online Report it’ tool or call 0300 123 5020.

To report flooding on major trunk roads (A55, A483, A556/A550) contact Highways England on 0300 123 5000.

To report flooding from sewers and/or water pipes contact United Utilities on 03456 723723.

For general queries about main river flooding contact the Environment Agency on 03708 506506 or visit www.gov.uk/environment-agency

For advice and enquiries about flood warnings contact the Environment Agency’s Floodline on 0345 9881188.

For general queries about canal flooding contact the Canal and River Trust.

Other contact details you may find useful:


We have a limited supply of sandbags and will assist those most at risk. It is strongly advised that property owners consider the risk of flooding to their property and take appropriate measures in advance.

Sandbags must be used to protect the building only, rather than lining the perimeter of land as stated in Environment Agency guidance on sandbags: how to use them properly for flood protection.

Contact us

Report a problem online

If you consider a highways issue to be dangerous, or an emergency, please call us on:

0300 123 5020
(8:30am – 5:00pm)

0300 123 5025
(after 5pm and before 8:30am, including weekends)

Floor 6
Delamere House

Delamere Street Crewe

Rate this page

We value your feedback. How do you rate this information?