Animal boarding establishments licence

You need a licence from Cheshire East Council to run a business providing:

  • boarding in kennels for dogs
  • boarding for cats
  • day care for dogs
  • home boarding for dogs

Before applying for a licence there are a number of things to take into account. Please see the guidance notes below:

How to apply 

You can download the applicant profile, application form and the declaration form to apply for an animal boarding establishment licence.

Return completed forms to:

Animal Health and Welfare Team
Regulatory Services and Health
Municipal Buildings

Or via email to (you will need to make a payment via the call centre on 0300 123 5015 if you apply via email).


Right of appeal

Any person aggrieved by a refusal to be granted a licence will be able to appeal the process.