Public Spaces Protection Orders (PSPOs)
Public Spaces Protection Orders (PSPO) in force
Breach of any of the current PSPO are considered as an offence and will incur either a Fixed Penalty Notice of £100 or a fine on prosecution in court of no greater than £1000.
Dog fouling and dog control Public Space Protection Order (PDF, 132KB)
To report any breaches of this order contact Cheshire East Council on 0300 123 5021
Wilmslow Carrs Park Public Space Protection Order
To report any breaches of this order please contact Cheshire East Council on 0300 123 5021
Alley gating Public Space Protection Orders
PSPO's replaced gating orders, dog control order and can be used to control behaviours which are having, or are likely to have a detrimental effect on the quality of life of those in the locality. Behaviours which can be controlled through restrictions or positive requirements within a PSPO's can include:
- controlling access over public land
- the consumption of alcohol
- dogs roaming freely and/or fouling
- public urination/defecation
- busking/street entertainment
- storage of household items or waste /wheelie bins
- anti-social use/parking of vehicles
- aggressive behaviours linked to begging, street peddling or preaching
This list is not exhaustive and restrictions or positive requirements will be dependent upon the nature of the issues the PSPO is imposed to deal with.
Before making a PSPO , the Council must be satisfied on reasonable grounds that two conditions are met.
The first condition is that:
- activities carried out in a public place within the authority’s area have had a detrimental effect on the quality of life of those in the locality
- it is likely that activities will be carried on in a public place within that area and that they will have such an effect
The second condition is that the effect. Or the likely effect of the activities:
- is, or is likely to be, of a persistent or continuing nature
- is, or is likely to be, such as to make the activities unreasonable
- justifies the restrictions imposed by the order
If you require any further information in relation to public space protection orders contact:
Anti-Social Behaviour Team
Divisional Police HQ
phone: 0300 123 5030
Page last reviewed: 26 November 2020
Thank you for your feedback.