New homes bonus
The first round of the New Homes Bonus Community Fund projects are now underway and are being closely monitored. We are proposing to delay the second round allocation, 2020-21, for a period of one year until 2021-22. The rationale for this decision is to undertake a full review and evaluation of the first round, the impacts and outcomes achieved and apply ‘lessons learned’ as to how the scheme operates in the future.
Further communications will follow the evaluation process.
The fund will give local councils and the voluntary, community and faith sector an opportunity to apply for projects that can make a lasting difference to communities and as such the minimum grant figure is set at £10,000 with no upper limit.
Total allocations by award group area
|Fund area||Total allocation|
|Congleton and surrounding towns and villages
|Crewe and surrounding villages
|Knutsford and surrounding villages
|Macclesfield and surrounding towns and villages
|Nantwich and surrounding villages
|Poynton and surrounding villages
|Wilmslow and surrounding villages
Priorities for award groups
Each award group has been meeting throughout October and the following groups have now agreed their priorities:
More information on the scheme can be found in the following documents:
Key principles for fund spend
- Projects must demonstrate how they will enhance service delivery and provide tangible community benefits.
- Applicants must have appropriate governance in place.
- Projects must demonstrate value for money.
- The scheme can fund new services or amendment / retention of existing services.
- The scheme can be used to fund both capital and revenue projects
- Projects must be sustainable with no commitments beyond March 2020.
- The minimum allocation is £10,000 and funds may be pooled with neighbouring areas.
If you are a voluntary, community or faith sector organisation and require support with your application you can contact CVS as they are offering free funding support to all organisations, including those who are not members of CVS, wishing to bid to the first round of this fund. To access support please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019/20 Round 1
Round 1 is now closed and a full list of successful organisations can be viewed on the New Homes Bonus Community Fund - Round 1 Award page.