Five percent verification notice
Local Authorities (Referendums) (Petitions) (England) Regulations 2011
Notice is hereby given that:
Cheshire East Borough Council for the purposes of the above Regulations has published the number that is equal to 5 per cent of the number of local government electors shown in the electoral register having effect on 15 February 2018.
- The number for the said purpose is 14,909.
- The number will be used for the purposes of determining the validity of petitions presented after 31 March 2018 and before 1 April 2019, seeking a referendum on whether or not there should be an elected mayor or alternative constitutional model, unless the circumstances mentioned in paragraph 4 below apply.
- If the number published in February 2019, is less than 14,909, that lower number will be used for the purpose of determining the validity of petitions presented after the date of this publication and before 31 March 2019.
- The number that will be used for the purposes of determining the validity of petitions presented before 31 March 2018 is 14,878.
- The address of the authority’s principal office is;
The Elections Office
Cheshire East Borough Council
For the purposes of the above Regulations, in accordance with Regulation 4 of the said Regulations, the number that is equal to 5 per cent of the local government electors shown on the electoral register having effect for this area on 15 February 2018 is 14909.
Dated this 15 day of February 2018