Green Homes Grant - privacy notice
What personal information is being processed and what for
When you make an enquiry or an application for a Green Homes Grant, we collect personally identifiable information to enable us to assess eligibility for the Green Homes Grant and to process your application.
The information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, details of income from employment, pensions and / or welfare benefits for you and other household members, medical information you provide in support of your application, and proof of your identity.
Why we are allowed to use your information
The legal basis for using your information is because you give us consent.
If your application is successful, your information will be used to enter into a contract for home improvements to your property.
The information is being used for a task in the public interest, being the delivery, administration and evaluation of the Green Homes Grant scheme, as well as statistical, research and fraud prevention purposes.
Who we will share your information with
We will share this information with:
- Broad Oak Properties Limited (the installer)
- The Guinness Partnership and Low Carbon Exchange, only if you are a tenant of the Guinness Partnership
- Cheshire Peaks and Plains Housing Trust Limited and Connolly Limited, only if you are a tenant of Cheshire Peaks and Plains Housing Trust Limited
- Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council and CoWest Services Limited, only if you are a resident within the administrative area of Cheshire West and Chester
- Warrington Borough Council, only if your grant is being funded through the Green Homes Grant local Authority Delivery Scheme Phase 1A / Phase 2 scheme
- The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and its contractors for delivery, administration and evaluation of the scheme, statistical, research and fraud prevention purposes
- Ofgem and delivery partners of central and local government home energy schemes such as the Energy Company Obligation and Renewable Heat Incentive
Your personal data may also be shared with other Government departments where necessary as part of Cheshire East Borough Council fulfilling the scheme.
Where we get your information from
Information held by our team will normally come from you, when you make an enquiry or an application for a Green Homes Grant. In some cases, we may be provided with your data by a third party where you have given them consent to do so. In dealing with your request we will access relevant information you have provided to other teams in the Council.
How long we will keep your personal information
We will keep your data for a maximum period of 6 years.
BEIS will keep your data for a maximum period of 25 years. BEIS may choose to store anonymised data beyond this period.
How your information is stored
All information provided to us is kept on secure electronic systems. These are all only accessible to staff that need it, and secured by passwords and, where appropriate, encryption.
BEIS will store your information on their IT infrastructure, including infrastructure provided by Microsoft and Amazon Web Services.
What happens if you don’t provide us with your information
We will not be able to process your enquiry or your grant application.
Will your information be used to make automated decisions
You have a number of rights regarding your personal data, including withdrawing your consent where we have asked for it. You can also ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and ask us to correct anything that is wrong. For detailed information about your rights please see our privacy notice at www.cheshireeast.gov.uk