Benefits – Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme Privacy Notice
What personal information is being processed and what for
We hold the following information in order to process and determine your entitlement to Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme. This is a legal requirement
For those claiming the support:
- Full name and title
- Date of birth
- National Insurance Number
- Household financial information
- Income & Capital amounts & sources, including bank details for payments of support
- Employment details
- Information provided in support of the claim e.g. proof of loss of income, inability to work from home and NHS Test and Trace notification
- Contact details provided including telephone numbers, Email addresses used for contact about the claim to ask for more information, update on progress and for sending the decision.
- To validate your bank account details, we need to share relevant information you've given us with TransUnion. This will be used to ensure your Test and Trace Support Payment is paid to the correct bank account and to help prevent fraudulent use of the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme. This is not a credit check and won't impact your credit rating.
For more information on how TransUnion may use your data, please visithttps://www.transunion.co.uk/legal/privacy-centre.
Why we are allowed to use your information
This information is required for making decisions on Test and Trace Support Payment claims.
- Public Health, England. The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (Self-Isolation) (England) Regulations 2020
Who we will share your information with
We will share information with:
- Department for Work and Pensions
- HM Revenue and Customs
- National Health Service Test and Trace data system (CTAS)
- Third party representatives where consent given
- Claimant and their appointees
We will also share information with other relevant Council Departments:
- Council Tax to verify your liability for Council Tax
- Audit for assurance purposes
- Customer Services to assist with enquiries
- Public Health Team
- Education and care settings
Where we get your information from
You or someone acting on your behalf or a member of your household
- Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- HM Revenue and Customs
- NHS Test and Trace data system, including vaccination status
How long we will keep your personal information
See the Council’s Information Asset Register on the web site for more information
How your information is stored
We store your information on the following systems:
- Information@ work (document management system) – copies of all correspondence, claims and evidence in connection with claims
- Oracle and UNIT4ERP for payment purposes
- Secure email using Egress Switch (secure encryption)
All of these systems have security controls with Individual logins, password protected (with minimum security levels) with the data held on secure servers. All users complete annual access forms, restricted access by user, permission levels, access revoked / suspended when users leave / long term sick
What happens if you don’t provide us with your information
We would be unable to process your application or will make a determination on your claim which will mean you do not qualify.
Will your information be used to make automated decisions
Will this information be transferred abroad
You have a number of rights regarding your personal data, including withdrawing your consent where we have asked for it. You can also ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and ask us to correct anything that is wrong.
For detailed information about your rights please see the Cheshire East privacy notice.