COVID Support Grant inquiry form
Cheshire East Council with the help of schools, colleges, early years settings and other family support services are distributing food vouchers to the most vulnerable children and families during the Summer holidays.
The money is Cheshire East’s share of the government’s £160 million COVID Support Grant Scheme which will be available from 17 April 2021 to 30 September 2021 to support those most in need across England with the cost of food.
How much families can claim
- Vouchers are available for £20 per child for food and / or £49 per household for utilities.
- White goods can also be claimed via the form, including fridge, washing machine, electric cooker and microwave. These goods are refurbished or recycled.
- You can apply for food vouchers via the inquiry form for additional support. Inquiries will be assessed individually. If multiple inquiries are received for a family the COVID Support Grant’s team will contact the referrer/parent (£20 per week).
- Multiple claims can be made if the trusted professional has identified a need. Each inquiry form represents one claim, so if multiple claims are required multiple inquiry forms must be completed. Inquiry forms represent one week of support so please do not submit multiple in one week.
Who is eligible for the grant
Over 10,000 children and young people have already been identified by the council to receive vouchers.
Band A: those who will automatically receive their voucher
The children and young people who will automatically receive their voucher for they Summer holidays are those who:
- are in receipt of income related free school meals
- are in receipt of early years pupil premium and two-year funding
- are care leavers up to age 25
- are not in education, employment or training aged 16-18
- are young carers for their parents/carers
- are known to domestic abuse services
The eligibility criteria for additional support is listed below:
Band B: eligibility for additional support
Young people can be eligible, even if they are not eligible for Band A, if they:
- are known to children’s social care and early help services.
- are parents/carers who are experiencing financial hardship due to being unable to work as their children are self-isolating.
- are vulnerable due to financial hardship and can be referred by a partner agency.
You can also submit an inquiry form for a child who has received a voucher from band A. Additional inquiry forms can be completed if more than one allocated voucher is required. One inquiry equates to one week of funding. Multiple enquiries for food are available for families in need if there is a need present. If multiple enquiries are received for a family the COVID Support Grant’s team will contact the referrer/parent to assess the families support needs.
Complete the inquiry form
Inquiry forms must be completed by the referrer and not the family.
Before submitting this form, check if the family have received the grant as per the band A criteria above. If they have accessed the grant before but you believe they need additional support, you can still submit an inquiry form.
To complete the form, you will need:
- parent/carers name
- parent/carers address, including post code
- parent/carers email
- a contact number for the parent/carer
- if requesting food, the recipient's first and second choice supermarket from Tesco, Morrisons, Aldi, Sainsburys, Asda, Marks and Spencer and Waitrose.
- Pre-payment meter or credit meter if applying for utilities
- National Insurance number if applying for white goods.
If the recipient does not have a phone number or an email address, please supply your own details, so you can provide the voucher to them.
Make sure you press ‘Add Child’s Details’ after entering each child’s details on the form. If you do not press this button, their information will not be saved.
COVID Support Grant Scheme Privacy Notice
What happens after you have completed the form
Once the inquiry form has been completed, we will send a confirmation email to the referrer. It will then take up to 5 working days for the recipient to receive their voucher via email.
- Families and professionals are asked to allow five working days for an application to be processed before any follow up. Chasing any applications before this time could result in delays in vouchers being processed.
- We will crosscheck each inquiry against our database. If we find a claim which exceeds the maximum amount, the claim will be void
- If claiming for white goods, you may be contacted by a third party provider.
Other sources of support
- If the family require emergency support contact the Emergency Duty Team via 0300 123 5022.
- If the family require emergency support with food direct them to the local food banks
- If you feel the recipient is eligible for the free school meals allowance but hasn’t yet registered, apply for free school meals online or by contacting 0300 123 5012.
- For emergency help with white goods see Emergency Assistance scheme