Coronavirus - COVID-19 Support for residents
Advice for residents
We advise the following:
- Get fully vaccinated – it’s shown to be safe and effective against the virus, and is the best way to keep yourself from getting seriously ill.
- Keep getting tested – everyone should undertake twice weekly rapid symptom-free testing using Lateral Flow Tests (LFT). It's worth remembering that around one in three people with COVID-19 don’t have symptoms, but they can still infect others - so getting tested regularly helps slow the spread.
- Report your test results - Report your regular screening test result, whether it is a positive or negative result, at: http://gov.uk/report-Covid19-result, or call 119 free.
- Self-isolate if you have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 or tested positive, see our guidance on our self-isolation page.
We also recommend using the following safety advice as and when you feel it is necessary:
- Continue wearing face coverings in crowded indoor areas where social distancing cannot be followed, such as supermarkets and on public transport, in health and social care settings, such as hospitals, care homes and GP surgeries.
- Try to continue social distancing by not unnecessarily being in crowded areas and continuing to work from home if possible.
- Continue to practice good hand hygiene, in particular hand washing and use of hand sanitisers.
- Be kind and considerate of others who may still be feeling extremely nervous and those who may be clinically extremely vulnerable.