Cheshire East People Helping People
I need help
If you need some support please see below for our new support offers
- For support with Self-Isolation payments relating to COVID-19, refer to the COVID-19 and financial support page
- For support with Emergency Self-Isolation and practical support relating to Covid-19, please refer to Self-Isolation Support page
- For support with Social Brokerage - we recognise this is still a challenging time for everyone, and we want to continue to help local people to support one another by harnessing and supporting the fantastic work already being done in communities across the borough
We are working collaboratively with our partners and local volunteers to channel community-based support to meet the needs of our residents who find themselves isolated without family, friends or a support network. Our service is delivered for the local community, by the local community, with options including:
- Telephone support, advice and reassurance
- Signposting to local and national services equipped to meet specific support needs
- Access to essential food and medical supplies
- Access to priority online shopping slots
- A regular friendly phone call to lift your spirits
If you would like to access our Social Brokerage service please complete and submit the form accessed via this link I need help
I need help
Once submitted, your details will be passed to our Social Brokerage Team and an officer will contact you to further assess your needs. We are working with the Social Action Partnership to do this.
I can help
If you want to volunteer
If you would like to offer support please complete the online form below
Once you have submitted your request via the Ami portal, a member of the team will be in touch to see how you can help. We aim to get back to you within 48 hours (please be aware that services are limited on non-working days)
Provide your details if you are an individual, organisation or business wishing to pledge your help and support to somebody who is isolated or vulnerable.
You can only provide support to people who are in isolation if you are:
- Well and free of Covid related symptoms like a cough or high temperature
- Living in a Covid symptom free household (all your family living with you are also Covid symptom free)
- Not pregnant
- Free of any long-term health conditions that make you vulnerable to coronavirus.
See our infographics showing what our People Helping People service is achieving during the Covid-19 pandemic.
I can help
Coronavirus is contagious. Please take every precaution to ensure you are only spreading only kindness:
- Avoid physical contact with other people and wash hands regularly
- Leave any items being delivered on the doorstep rather than going into someone’s home or inviting them in
- Share information on any allergies
- Ensure you follow the guidance provided to you regarding payment options for shopping tasks
- Continue at all times to follow the advice being given by the NHS website and Gov.uk website
Can you donate to PPE?
As PPE is prioritised to care homes and those services delivering personal care, we are working to source additional PPE for an army of volunteers who are working in the community helping vulnerable people and people who are self-isolating.
We are asking the community and organisations to help by searching their offices or businesses for face masks, disposable gloves, aprons and gowns. No amount is too small and everyone can help. For example if you are a hairdresser you may have a box of disposable gloves that could be used by our army of volunteers when they visit people in the community. If you can help please email Commissioning@cheshireeast.gov.uk
Due to the need to make sure that these items meet the correct quality standards, in addition to local vetting arrangements, we are now working closely with the Innovation Agency who we’ve engaged to review offers of locally manufactured PPE from our local Schools, organisations and individuals in the community. Organisations are able to contact email@example.com directly and they will be able to provide further assistance.
Can you donate food items?
Local foodbanks are under pressure. We have provided a list of local places (PDF, 181KB) where you can donate food items for people who most need it during the restrictions due to the virus outbreak.
Thank you for your dedication and kindness to ensuring communities in Cheshire East continue to be strong and supportive.