Cheshire East People Helping People
We recognise this is still a challenging time for everyone, so we want to continue to help local people to support one another by harnessing and supporting the fantastic work already being done in communities across the borough.
We are working collaboratively with our partners and local volunteers to channel community-based support to meet the needs of our residents who find themselves isolated without family, friends or a support network. Our service is delivered for the local community, by the local community, with options including:
- Telephone support, advice and reassurance
- Signposting to local and national services equipped to meet specific support needs
- Access to essential food and medical supplies
- Access to priority online shopping slots
- A regular friendly phone call to lift your spirits
If you would like to offer support or need to access help, please complete the online form below. Once you have submitted your request, a member of the team will be in touch to see how you can help. We aim to get back to you within 48 hours (please be aware that services are limited on non-working days)
See our infographics showing what our People Helping People service is achieving during the Covid-19 pandemic.
I can help
Provide your details if you are an individual, organisation or business wishing to pledge your help and support to somebody who is isolated or vulnerable.
You can only provide support to people who are in isolation if you fulfil ALL of the conditions below:
- You are well and have no symptoms like a cough or high temperature and nobody in your household does
- You are under 70
- You are not pregnant
- You do not have any long-term health conditions that make you vulnerable to coronavirus.
I can help
If you're looking for work during the Covid-19 ourbreak try our Job matching service
I need help
Provide your details on our form if you are currently isolated or feeling vulnerable and need support.
I need help
Alternatively, you can contact us on 0300 123 5034 to register your information with our customer service team.
Once submitted, your details will be passed to our Social Brokerage Team and an officer will contact you to further assess your offer / need.
We are working with the Social Action Partnership to do this.
Coronavirus is contagious. Please take every precaution to ensure you are only spreading only kindness:
- Avoid physical contact with other people and wash hands regularly
- Leave any items being delivered on the doorstep rather than going into someone’s home or inviting them in
- Share information on any allergies
- Ensure you follow the guidance provided to you regarding payment options for shopping tasks
- Continue at all times to follow the advice being given by the NHS website and Gov.uk website
Can you donate to PPE?
As PPE is prioritised to care homes and those services delivering personal care, we are working to source additional PPE for an army of volunteers who are working in the community helping vulnerable people and people who are self-isolating.
We are asking the community and organisations to help by searching their offices or businesses for face masks, disposable gloves, aprons and gowns. No amount is too small and everyone can help. For example if you are a hairdresser you may have a box of disposable gloves that could be used by our army of volunteers when they visit people in the community. If you can help please email Commissioning@cheshireeast.gov.uk
Due to the need to make sure that these items meet the correct quality standards, in addition to local vetting arrangements, we are now working closely with the Innovation Agency who we’ve engaged to review offers of locally manufactured PPE from our local Schools, organisations and individuals in the community. Organisations are able to contact email@example.com directly and they will be able to provide further assistance.
Can you donate food items?
Local foodbanks are under pressure. We have provided a list of local places (PDF, 181KB) where you can donate food items for people who most need it during the restrictions due to the virus outbreak.
Thank you for your dedication and kindness to ensuring communities in Cheshire East continue to be strong and supportive.