Our Community Bright Idea Grants – up to a maximum award of £10,000
This category aims to support the continuation and development of not-for-profit organisations and local projects that are created WITH the local community, this will target grant money to ensure that a greater impact is made on local communities WITH local communities.
To apply for this you must:
- Achieve one or more of the expected outcomes outlined in the Policy for the Allocation of Early Help and Asset Based Community Development Grants (PDF, 373KB)
- Be a voluntary or community organisation, registered charity or other not for profit organisation
- Have a set of audited accounts, or as a minimum an organisation bank statement, and are able to provide such information as the Council reasonably requires in order to satisfy the Council as to the organisations financial position and its need for the assistance requested
- Have a management committee with an up-to-date Governing Document which must be signed by at least two members of the committee who are unrelated to each other;
- Have appropriate safeguarding policies relevant to their organisation, which must include a requirement that staff / volunteers are cleared with the Disclosure and Barring Service where appropriate;
- Have a bank or building society account in the name of the organisation applying with at least two signatories who are unrelated to each other;
- Provide value for money
- Be passionate to make a difference within your local community
- Complete the application form in full, providing all required information
- Have not already received an Early Help Community Development Grant within the current financial year
- Be based in Cheshire East
To apply for a Community Bright Idea Grant your group must have a constitution, safeguarding policy and bank account. If you require assistance in writing a constitution or safeguarding policy, you can contact your local Community Development Officer.
Apply for a Our Community Bright Idea Grant (PDF, 2,923KB)
Hard copies of the forms are also available from a number of Connected Communities Centres across Cheshire East. Please contact us to find our your nearest centre.
Forms can be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Bright Idea Grants, (Floor 3, Delamere House)
Cheshire East Council, Communities Team, C/O Municipal Buildings, Earle Street, Crewe, CW1 2BJ