Armed Forces Community Covenant
Working together in Cheshire East to support the Armed Forces community
Cheshire has a long history of armed forces being based within the county and, Cheshire East Council has recently become a signatory to the Cheshire, Halton and Warrington Community Covenant (PDF, 376KB). The Community Covenant is a voluntary statement of support between communities and the armed forces community.
The aims of the community covenant are to:
- Encourage local communities to support the Armed Forces Community in their areas
- Nurture public understanding and awareness of issues affecting the Armed Forces Community
- Recognise and remember the sacrifices made by the Armed Forces Community
- Encourage activities which help to integrate the Armed Forces Community into local life
Armed Forces Champion
Each Local Authority has a named officer who supports the Armed Forces Covenant and can direct you into local services.
- Ashley Farrall (Councillor) 07496 362542
There is a huge network of organisations supporting the Armed Forces community, so finding the right one for your needs can be difficult. Veterans Gateway make it quick and easy by being your first point of contact whatever support you need.
Many of the team are veterans themselves so understand the issues that people face after leaving the Armed Forces. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to put you in touch with the help you need, or direct you to the information you are looking for.
Call 0808 802 1212 or visit the Veterans Gateway website for more information.
Other links to related services and organisations
Page last reviewed: 29 June 2020
Thank you for your feedback.