Penalty Charge Notice reimbursements
During 26 October 2015 – 13 March 2019, 675 Parking Charge Notices were issued incorrectly on seven car parks in Cheshire East. If you have been issued with a Penalty Charge Notice in the following car parks, you may be eligible for a reimbursement.
The seven car parks affected are:
- Alsager – Fairview, Fannys Croft and Station Road car parks
- Holmes Chapel – London Road car park
- Sandbach – Hawk Street, Chapel Street and Brookhouse Road car parks
An independent body has been appointed to assess all of the reimbursement applications. Once a reimbursement request has been submitted the following process will take place;
- The council will undertake an initial review of the application and make a recommendation to the independent adjudicator on the balance of probability.
- The adjudicator will review the reimbursement request and respond back to the council. If the reviewer requests further information, the council will contact the claimant.
- All reimbursements approved by the independent adjudicator will be processed by the council.
If you think you are one of the 675 affected, fill out and submit the parking claim form.
Providing all the information requested has been provided, the whole process should be completed within 28 days.