A Parking Dispensation is a granted right to parked vehicle(s) where they would not normally be able to park or for longer than the permitted time. This is granted when the applicant can prove that it is essential to have their vehicle(s) at that location to carry out work.
Applications must be made by email, giving 2 weeks notice and addressed to email@example.com
Fee: £15.00 for the first day and £5.00 per day thereafter.
Dispensations will only normally be issued for a period of up to 2 weeks. If the dispensation is required for longer, then a new application should be made when the initial 2 week dispensation is due to expire.
The fee for the second dispensation will again be £15.00 for the first day and £5.00 per day thereafter.
When making your application you will need to provide:
- date dispensation required
- vehicle details (make, model and colour)
- vehicle registration number
- street/address where dispensation is required
Examples where Parking Dispensations will be granted :
- clearing drains where jetting equipment is an integral part of the vehicle
- film crews where vehicle is essential to operate equipment
Examples where Parking Dispensations will not be granted:
- builders vans - for convenient access to tools/supplies - this is not essential and they would be advised to unload their vehicle and then park in a permitted area.
- moving house - this is an example of loading/unloading and as such does not require a dispensation.