Dropped kerb or footway - parking

There are two types of dropped kerb/footway, those outside driveways allowing access to residents of individual houses and those used for pedestrian crossovers.

You should not obstruct a dropped kerb/footway unless you are parking on a dropped kerb/footway outside a house with the permission of the owner. Of course, obstructing any dropped kerb/footway will cause inconvenience either to the owner of the property who cannot obtain access to or from their property, or in respect of dropped kerb/footway at a pedestrian crossover point which can cause danger to pedestrians, particularly the elderly, disabled and mothers with pushchairs.

Parking adjacent to dropped kerb/footway of a residential building

Where the dropped kerb/footway permits access to residential premises, contravention 27 is only enforced in response to a complaint. This is to ensure that only a genuine complaint (from the resident) about obstruction of the dropped kerb/footway is dealt with.

If you are a householder and are having problems then please telephone us on 0300 123 5020. An adviser will take a note of your name, address, telephone number and will pass your details onto Parking Services who will arrange for an Enforcement Supervisor to give you a call and discuss your problems.

Parking adjacent to dropped kerb/footway of a pedestrian crossover

These will be enforced at any time by a Civil Enforcement Officer in the course of their duties