We can sometimes allow vehicles to park where they would not normally be able to or for longer then the permitted time. This is called a parking dispensation. We can only do this when it is essential for the vehicle to be at the location to carry out work.
When we can give a parking dispensation
Examples where we will give a parking dispensation:
- for clearing drains, where jetting equipment is an integral part of the vehicle
- for film crews, where the vehicle is essential to operate equipment
Examples where we will not give a parking dispensation:
- for builder's vans wanting convenient access to tools/supplies - this is not essential, and you should instead unload the van and then park in a permitted area
- for moving house - you can park to load and unload without a dispensation
Parking dispensation fees
How to apply for a parking dispensation
To ask for a parking dispensation, email our parking team at least 2 weeks before you need the dispensation.
Give us the following information:
- date dispensation required
- vehicle details (make, model and colour)
- vehicle registration number
- street/address/car park where dispensation is required
You will also need to send payment. You can call us on 0300 123 5020 to make payment or send a cheque made out to Cheshire East Borough Council to:
Cheshire East Council
We will send you a dispensation pass. You must display this clearly on the driver's side of the windscreen. If the pass is not clearly displayed, you may get a penalty charge notice (ticket) and you will be liable to pay the charge.
We normally only give a dispensation for up to 2 weeks. If you need it for longer, you should apply again before the first dispensation runs out.