Trading Standards

If you require consumer advice or you want to complain about a business use our online form or phone the Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 03454 040506, see our consumer information.

If you require business advice and are based in Cheshire East contact us and we will respond to your enquiry within five working days, see our business information.

Latest news

New Allergen labelling legislation

At the end of 2014, new legislation (the EU Food Information for Consumers Regulation 1169/2011) was introduced that required food businesses to provide allergy information on food sold unpackaged, in for example catering outlets, deli counters, bakeries and sandwich bars.

There were also changes to existing legislation on labelling allergenic ingredients in pre-packed foods. To see how this may affect your food business please take a look at the guidance and notices area of our website where you will find useful information.

New regulations give consumers more power

From June 13th 2014 the Consumer Contracts (information, cancellation and additional charges) Regulations 2013 came in to effect. The new regulations replace The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and The Cancellation of Contracts Concluded in a Consumer's Place of Work or Home etc. Regulations 2008.

If you are a business and would like some guidance on ensuring you are compliant with the new Regulations use the following links to go to the Business Companion guidance, off- premises sales, on-premises sales, distance sales.