Report a Doorstep Crime or Incident
Crack down on doorstep crime, say no every time!
For consumer advice about your rights, if you are concerned about a doorstep seller/rogue trader or if you wish to report a doorstep crime contact Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 0345 4040506.
Our staff will take all of the details of the incident. To help us please provide as much information as possible.
If you can, please provide details of:
- registration numbers and descriptions of any vehicles
- description of the traders - how many and appearance including clothes worn, regional accents
- details of any paperwork
- detail of names / telephone numbers on vehicles
Your call will be taken seriously
The information you have (no matter how small) may help prevent further crimes.
- Police - If it’s a non-emergency call 101
- Police - if it is an emergency (if a crime is being committed or has just been witnessed, if there is a risk of injury, or a risk of serious damage to property) ring 999
- to provide anonymous information about Doorstep Crime contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
Doorstep crime rapid response
Cheshire East Trading Standards team operate a doorstep crime rapid response protocol as part of our strategy to combat doorstep crime and help support the consumers of Cheshire East.
Whenever possible we will aim to attend incidents, at times in conjunction with the police, where elderly and vulnerable members of the community have been approached by rogue traders.