Education / agency links and advice leaflets
Please choose from the following links for more information on consumer issues.
- Cheshire Constabulary - The official site of the Cheshire Constabulary.
- Citizens Advice Consumer Service - The government-funded telephone and online service offering information and advice on consumer issues. Citizens Advice Consumer Service is funded by the Office of Fair Trading and delivered in partnership with Local Authority Trading Standards Services.
- Crimestoppers – report a crime or information anonymously.
- Community Safety - Cheshire East's pages on community safety.
- Business Innovation and Skills - Formerly Department of Trade and Industry.
- Doorstoppers - This site contains information to support enforcement staff and organisations working against doorstep crime.
- Mailing Preference Service - The Mailing Preference Service (MPS) is a free service to enable consumers to have their names and addresses removed from or added to lists used by the industry.
- Telephone Preference Service – reduce the number of unwanted telephone calls.
- Office of Fair Trading - For more information and copies of the OFT booklet “Your doorstep, your decision” visit the OFT website.
- Victim Support – support for victims of Doorstep Crime.
Doorstep crime awareness presentations
The Trading Standards Team offers presentations on Doorstep Crime to community groups within Cheshire East. The presentations involve an educational talk on the issues of doorstep crime as well as crime prevention messages. If you are interested in the team attending your group please contact us on 01270 685900.