The BeInspired project - step back in to education, training and employment
BeInspired offers support to help young people in Cheshire and Warrington progress to apprenticeships, traineeships or further education, as well as helping with basic skills and work preparation.
To be eligible, you have to be aged 15 to 24 and currently out of work, not in training or education, or have stopped attending school/college.
We can offer support with:
- Taking up an apprenticeship in the job or career you are interested in, for example: engineering, or media, Information and Communication Technology (ICT);
- Undertaking a traineeship so that you can ‘try out’ different career options;
- Get started on a course that will help you move onto college, university or prepare you for work;
- Developing your basic skills, including improving your english, maths and Information Communication Technology skills; and
- Preparing for employment - including help with writing a CV, interview skills and confidence building.
In Cheshire and Warrington the BeInspired project is supported by the European Social Fund (ESF) and Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
For more information, please contact one of the providers in your area:
Cheshire College South and West – Katrina Hay on 01270 654 654 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Total People – Jo Cooper on 01606 734 010 or email email@example.com
Warrington & Co - Jo Jackson on 01925 442 635 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilitating engagement opportunities between schools and employers in order to enhance the careers support that young people receive whilst in education.
If you are from a business or school and are interested in being part of the project, please contact:
Mploy Solutions - Louise Cairns on 01606 42823 or email email@example.com
Warrington & Co. - Aimee Ruddy on 01925 442 885 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The project is also developing information, advice and guidance material that is particularly focused on encouraging greater take up of Science, Engineering, Technology and Maths (STEM) subjects.
Please note: The European Social Fund (ESF) is part of the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) for 2014-2020. The ESF is funding six operational programmes in Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, England and Gibraltar, including €206 million for the Youth Employment Initiative. Its aim is to help people get better jobs and ensure fairer living standards and job opportunities for all EU citizens to increase labour market participation, promote social inclusion and develop the skills of existing and future workforces.
Cheshire East Council has a detailed Subcontracting Policy and Supply chain fees and charges (PDF, 258 KB) for the BeInspired project.