Business Support - COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
The Chancellor, in his recent September 2020 speech, announced the following support for businesses during Winter 2020/2021:
New Job Support Scheme
A monthly 22.5% Government contribution towards employee pay.
- An employee must work 33% of their normal working hours. The Government together with employer will contribute towards two-thirds of the employees monthly pay, therefore in total, an employee will receive 77% of the full pay allowance.
- Eligibility – All small and medium sized businesses are eligible
- Large businesses will have to provide evidence to show their business turnover has been negatively affected by the crisis to be eligible
- The scheme will be available for six months starting 1 November 2020
- The Job Support Scheme is available even if the furlough scheme has not been used previously by the Business or employees
- Employers retaining furloughed staff can claim both the Job Support Scheme and Job Retention Bonus
- More information regarding new Job Support Scheme
The Self Employment Scheme will be extended from 1 November 2020 to the 30 April 2021.
The grants are to be paid in two lump sums - The first grant will cover 1 November to the 21 January 2021 and will provide a taxable grant of 20% of average monthly earnings, paid in a single instalment and capped at £1,875. The second grant will cover 1 February 2021 to the 30 April 2021. Please note the level of the second grant is yet to be set.
Bounce Back Loan Scheme - Pay As You Grow
- All Bounce back loans can be extended from 6 to 10 years under a Pay as You Grow scheme
- All Businesses can now choose to make interest only payments or suspend their payments for up to six months if the Business has been highly impacted by the crisis
Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
Extension on all Coronavirus Loan Schemes to the end of the year.
- VAT of 5% - for accommodation, hospitality and attractions is being extended to the end of the financial year (31 March 2021).
- Businesses can spread their VAT bill over 11 smaller re-payments with 0% interest
More information regarding VAT Payments
For further information regarding these schemes and help available to you and your Business please visit the Coronavirus Business Support website
The Cheshire and Warrington Growth Hub has information and guidance for businesses in the wider Cheshire area.
We have listed sources of support for the arts, culture and heritage sector, and the tourism and hospitality sector.
Job Matching Service
Our Supported Employment team want to job match people who are coming out of work as a result of COVID-19 with local employers who are looking to recruit temporarily.
if you are a local employer who is looking to recruit, we can source potential employees to meet current recruitment demand. Email your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org