You may be entitled to the following benefits:

Pension Credit

There are two different types of Pension Credit. Guarantee Credit is for those who have reached the minimum qualifying age. Savings Credit is for those aged 65 or over.

Free Bus Travel and Concessions

Concessionary Travel Scheme for eligible older and disabled people.

Winter Fuel Payments

A winter fuel payment from £100 to £300, depending on your circumstances is paid to most pensioner households at the end of the year. To qualify, a person or their partner must have reached their 60th birthday in the qualifying week the previous September.

State Pension

The State Pension is a regular payment people can claim when they get to State Pension age. Most people build up some State Pension, but the amount they get varies.

Housing Benefit

If you're on a low income, whether you're working or not, and need financial help to pay your rent, you may be able to get Housing Benefit.

Council Tax Support

If you're on a low income, whether you're working or not, and need financial help to pay your Council Tax, you may be able to get Council Tax Support.

Stay Warm

To help keep you and your home warm in winter there is various help available.

Free TV Licence

TV licenses are now free for everyone over 75 years. This applies to any household where one member is 75 years old or older, regardless of their medical condition.

For more information about TC licensing visit the TV licensing site.

Emergency Assistance Scheme

As part of the Government’s welfare reforms, certain elements of the Social Fund (Community Care Grants and Crisis Loans) were abolished in April 2013. Councils have developed their own new schemes, which allow greater flexibility in developing a provision to suitable local needs. Find out more about Emergency AssistanCE scheme

Contact us

Contact Benefits form

0300 123 5013

Benefits Section
Cheshire East Council
PO Box 622

Rate this page

We value your feedback. How do you rate this information?