Ill or Injured

If you have become ill or been injured, you may be entitled to the following benefits:

Employment Support Allowance

Employment and Support Allowance replaces Incapacity Benefit and Income Support that is paid because of an illness or disability for new claimants from 27 October 2008

Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit

You may receive this benefit if you are ill or disabled because of disease caused by certain types of work

Statutory Sick Pay

If you're an employee and unable to work because you're ill you may be able to get Statutory Sick Pay

Reduced Earnings Allowance

If you can't earn as much as you normally could because of an accident or disease caused by your work

Disability Living Allowance

Disability Living Allowance is a tax-free benefit for disabled children and adults to help with extra costs you may have because you are disabled. It is not based on your disability but the needs arising from it.

Personal independence Payments

In April 2013 the Government introduced Personal Independence Payment to replace Disability Living Allowance for eligible working age people aged 16 to 64.

Attendance Allowance

Attendance Allowance is a tax-free benefit you may get if you're aged 65 or over and need help with personal care because you're physically or mentally disabled

Housing Benefit

If you're on a low income, whether you're working or not, and need financial help to pay your rent, you may be able to get Housing Benefit.

Council Tax Support

If you're on a low income, whether you're working or not, and need financial help to pay your Council Tax, you may be able to get Council Tax Support.

Help with Health Costs

If you qualify for full help you will receive a HC2 certificate, this lasts for 12 months or 5 years depending on your circumstances

Emergency Assistance Scheme

As part of the Government’s welfare reforms, certain elements of the Social Fund (Community Care Grants and Crisis Loans) were abolished in April 2013. Councils have developed their own new schemes, which allow greater flexibility in developing a provision to suitable local needs. Find out more about Emergency AssistanCE scheme.