If you have a disability, you may be eligible for the following benefits:

Disability Living Allowance

Disability Living Allowance is a tax-free benefit for disabled children and adults to help with extra costs you may have because you are disabled. It is not based on your disability but the needs arising from it.

Personal Independence Payments

In April 2013 the Government is introduced Personal Independence Payment (PIP) to replace Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for eligible working age people aged 16 to 64.

Employment Support Allowance

Employment and Support Allowance replaces Incapacity Benefit and Income Support that is paid because of an illness or disability for new claimants from 27 October 2008

Disabled Facilities Grant

If you or someone living in your property is disabled, you may qualify for a Disabled Facilities Grant towards the cost of adapting your home.

Attendance Allowance

Attendance Allowance is a tax-free benefit you may get if you're aged 65 or over and need help with personal care because you're physically or mentally disabled

Incapacity Benefit

If you cannot work because of illness or disability which started before 27 October 2008, you may be able to get Incapacity Benefit. This is a weekly payment for people who become incapable of work while under State Pension age

Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit

If you are ill or disabled because of disease caused by certain types of work, you might get Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit. The amount you may get depends on your individual circumstances

Emergency Assistance Scheme

As part of the Government’s welfare reforms, certain elements of the Social Fund (Community Care Grants and Crisis Loans) were abolished in April 2013. Councils have developed their own new schemes, which allow greater flexibility in developing a provision to suitable local needs. Find out more about Emergency AssistanCE scheme.

Blue Badge Parking

Parking concessions for people with severe walking difficulties