Blue badge scheme supporting documents

Evidence Requirements

The following types of evidence will be required to support your application, these must be either the original document or certified copies. (please see Supplying Documents, below, for how to certify a copy document) 

Proof of Identification

  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Civil Partnership/Dissolution or Adoption Certificate
  • valid driving licence with the applicant's name and current address, clearly visible on both parts
  • valid passport with the applicants name and passport number clearly visible

Proof of Address

  • A council tax bill in the applicants name with their current address dated within the last 12 months
  • A valid driving licence with the applicant's name and current address clearly visible
  • A benefits, pensions, HMRC or tax credit letter with the applicant's name and address dated within the last 12 months
  • A letter from the department for work and pensions dated within the last 12 months, confirming any disability living allowance award with the expiry date.  If the letter has been lost, ring the DWP on 08457 123 456 and ask them to send you a replacement
  • A letter from the service personnel and veterans agency confirming your war pensioners' mobility supplement or armed forces and reserve forces compensation scheme payment.  If the letter has been lost, ring the SPVA on 0800 169 2277 and ask them to send you a replacement
  • A certified copy of the applicants certificate of visual impairment signed by a consultant ophthalmologist.  If the applicant is registered as blind include the registration number on the application

You will also be required to supply 1 passport quality sized photo that has been taken in the last 5 years.  A digital photo can be taken by the staff at your Local Library.  

It may take up to 10 working days, from receipt of your payment and documents, for you to receive your blue badge.

Supplying your documents

By Post

Do not send original documents in the post, only send certified copies via post.

To certify a copy document it must be signed by a professional person or a person of good standing in the community, it cannot be a relative.

The person certifying the documents must write the following information on all paperwork including photograph:

  • This copy is a true likeness of the original
  • Name (of the person signing)
  • Signature
  • Occupation
  • Date

Send your certified copies to;

Cheshire East Council
PO Box 624
Town Hall
SK10 9JS

In Person

Original or certified photocopies can be presented at:

Contact Us

Blue badge team

phone: 0300 123 5020

Stop Adult Abuse Logo
Rate this page
We value your feedback. How do you rate this information?