Children and Families Capital Programme
Recent Capital Projects
Want to know where the Authority is spending is capital funding? Recently completed and on-site capital projects in Cheshire East schools include:
- Wheelock Primary School - expansion to 1.5FE
- Mablins Lane Primary School - mobile replacement and expansion to 3FE
- Elworth CE Primary School - expansion to 1.5FE
- Offley Primary School - expansion to 2FE
- Manor Park Primary School - expansion to 1.5FE
- Mobberley CE Primary School - expansion to 1FE
- The Dingle Primary School - replacement of mobile classroom with permanent build
- Disley Primary School - replacement of mobile classroom with permanent build.
2017-18 Capital Funding - bid for funding
The Department for Education (DfE) announced, on 9 February 2015, indicative allocations for school condition funding for the 3-year period covering financial years 2015-18. It is anticipated that the DfE will publish the final allocations for 2017-18 by the end of March 2017 to reflect schools moving to a new responsible body, opening or closing.
Due to the exceptionally late announcement and in anticipation of the final grant allocation, Children and Families are opening up the opportunity to eligible establishments to bid for capital funding.
With the announcement of the updated allocations expected imminently, a draft 2017-18 School Condition Allocation - Capital Programme has been assigned, in accordance with the indicative grant published on the 9 February 2015, which is in accordance with the Children and Families Capital Funding Strategy 2017-19.
Please note, the definitive 2017-18 School Condition Allocation - Capital Programme will be subject to the final allocation announced by the end of March 2017, for Cheshire East Council.
As from Wednesday 15 March 2017, bids are invited from Schools to support projects to address premises related issues under the following 3 headings:
- Health and Safety/Safeguarding
The deadline for all bid submission is 5pm Friday 28 April 2017.
Establishments will be informed of the outcome of their bids by mid June 2017, following our formal internal approval processes.
For more information please view the 2017-18 Capital Bidding programme.