Business Travel Planning
The Confederation of British Industry estimates that traffic congestion costs the UK economy over £15 billion each year. Unrestrained traffic growth leading to greater traffic congestion, delayed deliveries, increased fuel consumption, time lost in traffic jams and employee stress caused by the journey to and from work, places an unnecessary burden on both employees and staff.
Why should you have a travel plan?
There is a vast range of benefits for having a travel plan:
- Save money
- Reduce congestion on and around the site
- increase staff productivity and improve punctuality
- Improved image with customers and neighbours
- Assist with recruitment and staff retention
- Improve equal opportunities for all staff
- Make local street less dangerous, less noisy and less polluted
- Help create a place which is better to live in, work in and visit and which attracts investment
- Reduce carbon emissions
What support is available?
The Cheshire East Guide to Business Travel Planning (PDF, 560KB) will provide a useful starting point for any business or organisation looking to produce a travel plan.
Further information on how to promote different modes of travel are included on these pages, under the following headings: