Concessionary fares - older persons and disabled passes
Cheshire East Council will offer the concessions listed below for the financial year 2017 / 2018 to permanent residents of the borough:
Planning your bus journey
You can find all the information you need to plan your bus journey in Cheshire East on the bus service timetable and journey planning page.
Cheshire East bus pass renewals
If your bus pass is due to expire you will receive a letter to your home address approximately 4 - 6 weeks before your pass is due to expire, the letter will contain details on how you can renew your pass, options will vary depending on the pass type and the existing information we hold.
If you have received a letter with a unique renewal code and are in possession of your current bus pass then the quickest way to renew is online.
How to renew your pass online:
Go to the Bus Pass Renewal Website you need to have your renewal letter and bus pass to hand.
You can also renew by phone. Call 0300 123 5029 (local rate) open 8.30am to 17pm Monday to Friday.
Renewal Letters for 2017
|Month ||Letters Sent Out||Comments|
||Yes for both older persons and disabled passes
||If your pass expires in November 2017 or earlier and you haven't received your letter please call us on 0300 123 5029.
||No - due to be sent out mid November
||Please wait for your letter to arrive before contacting us.
Disabled bus pass renewals
If you have a disabled bus pass you will receive a letter 4 to 6 weeks before your pass expires. You will need to fill in the enclosed renewal form and send it back in the enclosed self addressed envelope with supporting evidence or a GP declaration as detailed by the evidence sheet.
Your new bus pass will be posted to your home address and should arrive within 21 working days from when we receive the above documentation from you.
Incorrect name or date of birth details
When using the online renewal service, if you notice an error with your name and/or date of birth you need to call the renewal number above. The agent will take your details and arrange for you to be called back to verify your details (this process is only for correcting typing errors). In some cases you may need to visit an office to show proof of the change.
If your name change is due to marriage / divorce you will need to go in person to one of the offices listed below with evidence of the change (marriage / divorce certificate etc).
If you have moved home since your pass was issued you will need to update your details so we have the correct address to send the renewal letter and pass to.
Address changes can only be made in person at one of the offices listed below with a Council Tax, Utility bill etc as evidence of the change.
Lost or Damaged Cards
If you have lost your pass you will need to re-apply using the Replacement Bus Pass process.
Apply for a concessionary fare bus pass:
Where to apply for your bus pass or railcard
Applications should be made in person at one of the council offices listed below, postal and online applications are not permitted.
- Alderley Edge Library, 44a London Road, Alderley Edge, Cheshire, SK9 7GP
- Alsager Library, Sandbach Road North, Alsager, ST7 2QH
- Bollington Library, Palmerston Street, Bollington, Macclesfield, SK10 5JX
- Congleton Library, Market Square, Congleton, CW12 1ET
- Crewe Customer Service Centre, Ground Floor, Delamere House, Crewe CW1 2JZ
- Crewe Library, Crewe Lifestyle Centre, Moss Square, Crewe, CW1 2BB
- Disley Library, Off Buxton Old Road, Disley, Cheshire, SK12 2BB
- Handforth Library, The Green, Wilmslow Road, Handforth, SK9 3ES
- Holmes Chapel Library, London Road, Holmes Chapel, CW4 7AP
- Knutsford Library, Toft Road, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 0PG
- Macclesfield Customer Service Centre, Town Hall, Macclesfield, SK10 1DX
- Macclesfield Library, Jordangate, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 1EE
- Middlewich Library, Lewin Street, Middlewich, CW10 9AS
- Nantwich Library, Beam Street, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5LY
- Poynton Library, Park Lane, Poynton, SK12 1RB
- Sandbach Library, The Commons, Sandbach, Cheshire, CW11 1FJ
- Wilmslow Library, South Drive, Wilmslow, SK9 1NW