Concessionary fares - older persons and disabled passes

Cheshire East supported bus service review consultation

The consultation closed on 26 July. Please see the  Cheshire East supported bus review consultation page for further information.

Cheshire East Council will offer the concessions listed below for the financial year 2017 / 2018 to permanent residents of the borough:

Planning your bus journey

You can find all the information you need to plan your bus journey in Cheshire East on the bus service timetable and journey planning page.

Cheshire East bus pass renewals

Concessionary Bus Pass Advert

If your bus pass is due to expire you will receive a letter to your home address approximately 4 - 6 weeks before your pass is due to expire, the letter will contain details on how you can renew your pass, options will vary depending on the pass type and the existing information we hold.

If you have received a letter with a unique renewal code and are in possession of your current bus pass then the quickest way to renew is online.

How to renew your pass online:

Go to the Bus Pass Renewal Website you need to have your renewal letter and bus pass to hand.

You can also renew by phone. Call 0300 123 5029 (local rate) open 8.30am to 17pm Monday to Friday.

Renewal Letters for 2017
Month Letters Sent OutComments
November Yes for both older persons and disabled passes If your pass expires in November 2017 or earlier and you haven't received your letter please call us on 0300 123 5029.
December No - due to be sent out mid November Please wait for your letter to arrive before contacting us.

Disabled bus pass renewals

If you have a disabled bus pass you will receive a letter 4 to 6 weeks before your pass expires. You will need to fill in the enclosed renewal form and send it back in the enclosed self addressed envelope with supporting evidence or a GP declaration as detailed by the evidence sheet.

Your new bus pass will be posted to your home address and should arrive within 21 working days from when we receive the above documentation from you.

Incorrect name or date of birth details

When using the online renewal service, if you notice an error with your name and/or date of birth you need to call the renewal number above. The agent will take your details and arrange for you to be called back to verify your details (this process is only for correcting typing errors). In some cases you may need to visit an office to show proof of the change.

If your name change is due to marriage / divorce you will need to go in person to one of the offices listed below with evidence of the change (marriage / divorce certificate etc).

Address changes

If you have moved home since your pass was issued you will need to update your details so we have the correct address to send the renewal letter and pass to.

Address changes can only be made in person at one of the offices listed below with a Council Tax, Utility bill etc as evidence of the change.

Lost or Damaged Cards

If you have lost your pass you will need to re-apply using the Replacement Bus Pass process

Apply for a concessionary fare bus pass:

Where to apply for your bus pass or railcard

Applications should be made in person at one of the council offices listed below, postal and online applications are not permitted.

Contact us

0300 123 5020

Monday to Friday 8:30 to 17:00

Postal Address only:

Transport Service Solutions
Floor 1, Municipal Buildings
Earle Street

For Bus and Train times call Traveline 0871 200 22 33 calls cost 12p per minute plus your phone company's access charge.

The English Traveline call centre opening hours are 7am to 10pm every day except for: Christmas Eve (closing at 8pm), Christmas Day (closed), Boxing Day (9am to 5pm) and New Year’s Day (9am to 5pm)

Rate this page

We value your feedback. How do you rate this information?