Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment
The Council is updating its land availability assessments, which will help to inform any further land allocations for development that are made through the Site Allocations and Development Policies Document. This is being done through a call for sites, which runs from 27 February 2017 to 5:00 pm on 10th April 2017.
The Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) is a key component of the evidence base to support the delivery of sufficient land for housing; to meet the community’s need for more homes; and to inform housing policy within the Cheshire East Local Plan. This assessment is required under the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) paragraph 59.
The SHLAA is a technical study to inform future policy development and it does not determine whether any site is acceptable for future housing development as that will be determined through the Local Plan and / or any planning application submitted.
The study has been undertaken to:
- Provide a consistent assessment of potential sites that have been submitted by land owners and developers ;
- Consider factors affecting the developability of the site (for example flood risk, access);
- Assess the sustainability of the site in terms of accessibility to services; and
- Consider the deliverability of the site in terms of the need for / timescales for delivering infrastructure required (for example highway schemes).
It also identifies the supply of specific deliverable sites sufficient to provide five years worth of housing against the Council's annual housing figure as required by the National Planning Policy Framework (paragraph 47).
For further information about the SHLAA please see the Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment Frequently Asked Questions page.
Five Year Housing Land Supply Position Statement
The Position Statement was produced by Cheshire East Council and was approved by the Cabinet Member for Housing and Jobs on 14th October 2014. The NPPF requires Local Planning Authorities to set out a five year supply of specific deliverable sites for housing, including an appropriate buffer. This update assessment has been produced as a snapshot to identify the housing land supply situation within the Borough on the base date of 31st March 2014.
Cheshire East SHLAA 2012
The Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment was produced by Cheshire East Council and was approved by the Portfolio Holder on 11th February 2013. It will now form a key piece of evidence in developing the Local Plan Core Strategy.
- Cheshire East Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment 2012 Summary Document (PDF, 399KB)
- Cheshire East Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment 2012 (PDF, 5.8MB)
- Appendix A: Small Sites (within main document above)
- Appendix B: Housing Market Partnership Membership (within main document above)
- Appendix C: Maps
- Alderley Edge and Chelford Area Map (PDF, 2.8MB)
- Alsager Area Map (PDF, 2.2MB)
- Audlem and Wrenbury Area Map (PDF, 2.0MB)
- Bunbury and Wardle Area Map (PDF, 2.0MB)
- Congleton Area Plan Map (PDF, 2.9MB)
- Crewe North Area Map (PDF, 3.4MB)
- Crewe South Area Map (PDF, 3.4MB)
- Handforth and Wilmslow Area Map (PDF, 3.4MB)
- High Legh Area Map(PDF, 2.0MB)
- Knutsford Area Map (PDF, 2.7MB)
- Macclesfield North Area Map (PDF, 3.5MB)
- Macclesfield South Area Map (PDF, 3.1MB)
- Middlewich and Holmes Chapel Area Map (PDF, 2.2MB)
- Nantwich Area Map (PDF, 2.9MB)
- Poynton and Disley Area Map (PDF, 2.7MB)
- Sandbach Area Map (PDF, 2.7MB)
- Wybunbury Area Map (PDF, 767KB)
- Appendix D: Site Pro Formas:
- Strategic Sites - Principal Towns (PDF, 5.6MB)
- Strategic Sites - Key Service Centre and New Settlements (PDF, 7.4MB)
- Sites 241 to 2308 (PDF, 5MB)
- Sites 2309 to 2556 (PDF, 5.2MB)
- Sites 2564 to 2715 (PDF, 5.3MB)
- Sites 2724 to 2858 (PDF, 4.2MB)
- Sites 2859 to 2971 (PDF, 4.9MB)
- Sites 2974 to 3148 (PDF, 5.0MB)
- Sites 3156 to 3338 (PDF, 4.7MB)
- Sites 3339 to 3516 (PDF, 4.6MB)
- Sites 3519 to 3849 (PDF, 7.9MB)
- Sites 3856 to 4142 (PDF, 9.5MB)
- Sites 4151 to 4252 (PDF, 8.5MB)
- Sites 4254 to 4423 (PDF, 8.4MB)