Make an Online Payment
Can I pay my bills online?
If you have a Reference Number for each bill being paid you can
use the online payment method.
- Council Tax - an eight digit account number beginning with 6 or
- Business Rates - an eight digit account number beginning with
- Housing Benefit Overpayments - an eight or ten digit invoice
number beginning with 3
- An invoice with an eight digit invoice number beginning
- Parking Penalty reference beginning with GA
Payments made before 5.00pm will normally be credited to your
account within the following working day.
What kinds of cards can I use?
The following types of credit/debit card can be used:-
- Visa Electron
Please note that you must make separate transactions for each
different card you want to use.
Other methods of payment
What about privacy and security?
Our Online Payments service has been
designed to ensure maximum security and confidentiality. When you
make an Online Payments, you will be asked to provide your
credit/debit card details. This information will only be used to
complete the transaction/s and will not be used for any other
purpose and is subject to the Councils Data Protection registration
and Privacy Statement. Actual financial transactions are processed
within a secure environment to protect your transactions. Once your
transaction has been completed and you move to another web page,
you will receive a warning message advising that you will be
redirected back to an insecure site. This should not cause concern
- your credit/debit card information is NOT transmitted out of the
an Online Payment