Sexual violence

Sexual violence may be part of the domestic abuse or may be perpetrated by someone not known to the victim. It may involve inappropriate touching, watching pornography that you are not happy to see, or being forced into sexual acts, including rape.

If you have recently been raped or sexually assaulted, please contact St Mary’s SARC on 0161 276 6515 or phone the Police on 999.

You do not have to report to the Police in order to get help. If you want to talk to someone confidentially, ring the Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre (RASASC) on 01260 697900. You can also get support from an Independent Sexual Violence Adviser, providing advice, support and counselling to men, women and young people.

You can also visit the Rape centre website or email the Rape centre for advice. You will be:

  • listened to
  • respected
  • believed

There is more information on services in this Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre leaflet (PDF, 1.5MB) (Unfortunately this leaflet is not accessible to visitors using assistive technology. If you are unable to access it, please refer to RASASC for support.) 

Cheshire East Domestic Abuse Hub - call 0300 123 5101

National 24 Hour Helpline 0808 2000 247

Document accessibility