Live Well Cheshire East home page
Business information for childcare providers
In April 2017 a revised EYFS 2017 comes into force. There is also a one-page guide available that details the changes.
Local authority categorisation of childcare settings 2017
Local Authority Categorisation of Childcare Settings (PDF, 86KB)
If you are thinking of starting a new childcare business
If you are thinking about opening your own Day Nursery, Pre School, Out of School or Holiday Club please email the Cheshire East Early years and Childcare Team and provide details of your business proposal. Your enquiry will be passed to a Childcare Development Officer who can offer pre Ofsted registration support and guidance.
Early Years’ qualification list
The Early Years’ Qualification List is a tool designed to help those delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage to identify which qualifications are considered full and relevant
The Early Years and Childcare Team have put together a Data Protection Information Factsheet (PDF, 63.5KB) to help you understand your responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1998.
You may also find the Information Commissioners Office document IT Security Practical Guide (PDF, 411KB) useful.
Free nursery milk
Every child under the age of five is entitled to a free 189ml serving of milk whilst in attendance at a registered daycare provider for two or more hours a day. The Government’s Nursery Milk Reimbursement Unit (NMRU) manages the Nursery Milk Scheme.
Ofsted provides information about becoming a registered childcare provider.
Researching childcare needs in your area
When you are thinking about starting up a new childcare business it is always useful to ‘understand the market’.
What's new for 2017
This session will provide an overview of new and changed processes for the 2017 to 2018 tax year.
- PAYE – using Basic PAYE Tools for the first time: A demonstration of Basic PAYE Tools, HMRC’s free payroll software for businesses with fewer than 10 employees. Book 'Basic PAYE tools' here
- Record keeping for the self-employed: How to keep records, set up a records system and how long to keep records. Book 'Record keeping' here
- Cash basis for the self-employed: This webinar will explain the Cash Basis scheme, available for the self-employed, which is designed to make tax simpler for sole traders and business partnerships. It’s not suitable for limited liability partnerships or limited companies. Book 'Cash basis' here
- Getting payroll information right: Find out how providing accurate employee information to HMRC is important and can save time in this interactive employer webinar. Book 'Payroll information' here
- Getting started as an employer: Registering with HMRC , taking on your first employee, running payroll, paying HMRC . Book 'Getting started' here
Other useful links