What to read next!
Pop in on Tuesday 20 February and ask our resident Book Doctors for recommendations for under 18s. Contact the library for further details. Also, find us on Facebook for more book recommendations.
Hearing Dogs visit
On Saturday 24 February the Hearing Dogs and their trainers will be here. Pop in and meet them between 10.00 and 12.00 noon.
Looking after your environment
On Saturday 24 February at 11.00-12.00 noon we are hosting a family learning activity with ANSA. Find out all about recycling, composting, and reducing food waste, with fun activities and freebies. Suitable for children aged 4 years and over and their families. Free, but please book as places are limited.
Introduction to online family history
Learn how to use online resources Find my Past and Ancestry to help discover your family history. £5.00 per session, offering one hour of tuition, followed by an extra hour to put what you have learned into practice. Guidance notes are supplied. Please ask at the library for details of the next sessions, or to be added to our waiting list.
Get started online: IT tuition
If you're unsure how to get started online with your tablet, laptop or desktop computer, or you have a query about using your device, one of our volunteers will guide you through the basics in a one-to-one session. Please contact the library to be added to the waiting list, and someone will be in touch to book you in with one of our knowledgeable volunteers. Don't worry if you don't have your own tablet or laptop, as we can provide access to the library's public computers as and when required.
There is an emergency defibrillator available, externally, on the side of the building to the right of the library front door.
A day in the life of Wilmslow Library
In 2012 local photographic society 'Lindow 10' took a series of photographs for an exhibition in the library. The images capture frontline and behind the scenes activities and Lindow 10 have produced a video slide show (WMV, 35MB) for us to share. Please note there is no transcript as the video does not contain speech or narration.
Wilmslow Library on Facebook
Activities at Wilmslow Library
- LEGO Club - 4.00-5.00pm - monthly on third Monday of each month. Suitable for children aged 4 and over. Duplo available for younger children. Free, drop-in event. Next date is 19 February on the theme of space
- Under 5s Storytime - 11.00-11.30am - term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Welcome Wednesday - 10.00-12.00 noon - weekly. Join us for adult colouring, jigsaws, and company. Feel free to bring along your knitting, crossword, or soduku. Free and open to all adults; just drop-in
- Book Lovers' Group - 2.30pm - second Thursday of each month. Free reading group based on themes rather than set titles. Refreshments available
- Reading Group - 5.45-6.45pm - monthly on third Thursday of each month. Discussion is based around a set book; annual subscription charges apply. New members welcome. Next date is 15 February
- Under 5s Rhymetime - 11.00-11.30 - term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
Other organisations in the library
Citizens Advice Bureau
There is a drop-in session with the CAB every Thursday between 4.30 and 6.30pm.
Drop-in IT and job search support will be available at the library on Tuesday mornings from 10.00-12.00 noon.
Macclesfield Eye Society
The Macclesfield Eye Society holds a monthly support group in the library on the first Tuesday of each month at 1.00-3.00pm. All welcome. Contact the library for further details.
There are TinyTalk Classes in the library each week. Tiny talk gives you an insight into your little one's mind and by the use of sign you can start to communicate with them as early as 5 months old. To find out more about these classes call Claire on 07771 747755 or email email@example.com.
Wilmslow Energy Partnership Energy Monitors
Wilmslow Energy Partnership are offering local residents the opportunity to borrow an energy monitor. The monitors are easy to use and will help residents to better understand the costs of operating appliances in the home, showing where the most electricity is being used and how to make useful savings. Monitors can be issued to library members using their library card, for the usual three week loan period.
Wilmslow Guardian reporter
The local newspaper reporter will be here every Thursday between 4.00 and 5.00pm.