Our reading group for young people will meet at 3.45-4.45pm on Mondays 26 June and 17 July.
The Wenlock Mummy murder mystery
Can you solve the mystery of who killed Lord Wenlock? Put your detective skills to the test on Wednesday 28 June at 7.15pm and solve this mystery written by Elly Griffiths. Tickets £3.00, including refreshments.
Jane Austen: 200 not out
Join us on Monday 24 July at 2.00-3.30pm for a fascinating talk on the life and works of Jane Austen by David Richardson of the Jane Austen Society, celebrating her anniversary. Tickets £3.00, including refreshments.
Who stole the Teddy Bears' picnic?
Join us on Monday 31 July at 3.00-4.00pm for games and a picnic mystery. £2.50 per child, including a picnic. Suitable for children aged 5 years and over. Advance booking essential.
There is an IT Buddy available to help with computer basics, including email and browsing the internet. Please contact the library for details and to book a place.
Sandbach Library on Facebook
Activities at Sandbach Library
- Book Lovers Group - 2.00-3.00pm - second Monday of the month. Share your love of reading, meet people and enjoy a drink and a chat
- Chapter Chat Reading Group - 3.45-4.45pm - monthly. Meets on third Monday of each month. Free reading group for young people aged 8 and over
- Reading Group - 7.00pm - monthly. Annual fee of around £10 per person. Contact Rowena at the library for details of the next meeting
- Under 5s Storytime - 10.30-11.00am - Weekly in term time only. Join us for stories old and new! Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Baby Bounce - 10.30-11.00am - weekly. Free. Suitable for babies 0-walking age only
- Frenchtastic for Toddlers - 9.30-10.30am - weekly. Contact the library for details
- LEGO Club - 4.30-5.30pm - monthly, on first Wednesday of each month
- Sandbach Readers - 6.45-8.00pm - Meet first and third Wednesday of the month. New members welcome
- Under 5s Rhymetime - 10.30-11.00 - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Relish reading group - 2.30-3.30pm - weekly. Promoting wellbeing through shared reading. £2.00, including refreshments
- Bored? Game Club - 10.30-11.30 - monthly. Aimed at children aged 4 or more years. Please contact the library for further details and dates
- Children's Crafts - drop-in - monthly. Please contact the library for further details and dates
Other organisations in this library
Cheshire East Citizens Advice outreach service
Free drop-in service for information and advice on Wednesdays between 1.00pm and 4.00pm.
Cheshire Neighbours Credit Union
There will be a representative from the Cheshire Neighbours credit union in the library on Fridays between 10.00am and 12.00 noon.
Macmillan Help Desk
There is a staffed help desk in the library on alternate Wednesday mornings.
Pilates class in the library every Tuesday at 11.15am - 12.15pm.
There is a Police surgery in the library once a month, on a Saturday between 11.00am and 12.00 noon. Please contact the library for dates.
University of the Third Age advice desk is available on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month, between 9.30am and 11.30am. The U3A Information Board is available inside the library building.
If you need support getting back into work then why not join us at Sandbach Library every Wednesday between 1.30 and 4.30pm? We have experienced careers advisors on hand to help with CV writing, job application forms, and we can help you with the Universal Job Match website. You can access the latest jobs online and search the local papers for work, or find out how to develop your skills with one of our training courses. There's no need to book; just drop in. We even have free tea and coffee available.
The club is run in conjunction with Congleton Learning Centre, as part of the East Cheshire Work Club Network. Contact Cath or Gail on 01260 290 682 or 07580 724 932 for more information.