Make a badge
Pop in during half-term, Monday 23 to Saturday 29 October, to make a Halloween badge. 50p per badge.
Would you like to be a superhero?
Join us for an hour of superhero fun on Wednesday 25 October at 2.00-3.00pm. Suitable for children aged 4-7 years. £2.00 per child; please book as places are limited.
Bilingual children's book reading
On Monday 13 November, author Jude Lennon and translator kelly Thornhill will launch their new bilingual book, Fernando Can Tango. Set in Argentina and written in English and Spanish, the story follows the adventures of Valentina, a flamingo who longs to tango. All she needs is a partner... There will be a bilingual reading of the book, and Jude and Kelly will explain how they came to write the book and answer any questions.
There is an IT Buddy available to help with computer basics, including email and browsing the internet. Please contact the library for details and to book a place.
Sandbach Library on Facebook
Activities at Sandbach Library
- Book Lovers Group - 2.00-3.00pm - second Monday of the month. Share your love of reading, meet people and enjoy a drink and a chat
- Chapter Chat Reading Group - 3.45-4.45pm - monthly. Meets on the third Monday of each month. Free reading group for young people aged 8 and over
- Reading Group - 7.00pm - monthly. Annual fee of around £10 per person. Contact Rowena at the library for details of the next meeting
- Under 5s Storytime - 10.30-11.00am - Weekly in term time only. Join us for stories old and new! Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Baby Bounce - 10.30-11.00am - weekly in term time only. Free. Suitable for babies from 0 to walking age only
- Frenchtastic for Toddlers - 9.30-10.30am - weekly. Contact the library for details
- LEGO Club - 4.30-5.30pm - monthly, on first Wednesday of each month. Please book in advance.
- Sandbach Readers - 6.45-8.00pm - Meet first and third Wednesday of the month. New members welcome
- Under 5s Rhymetime - 10.30-11.00 - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Relish reading group - 2.30-3.30pm - weekly. Promoting wellbeing through shared reading. £2.00, including refreshments
- Bored? Game Club - 10.30-11.30 - monthly. Aimed at children aged 4 or more years. Please contact the library for further details and dates
- Children's Crafts - drop-in - monthly. Please contact the library for further details and dates
Other organisations in this library
Cheshire East Citizens Advice outreach service
Free drop-in service for information and advice on Wednesdays between 1.00pm and 4.00pm.
Cheshire Neighbours Credit Union
There will be a representative from the Cheshire Neighbours credit union in the library on Fridays between 10.00am and 12.00 noon.
Macmillan Help Desk
There is a staffed help desk in the library on alternate Wednesday mornings.
Pilates class in the library every Tuesday at 11.15am - 12.15pm.
There is a Police surgery in the library once a month, on a Saturday between 11.00am and 12.00 noon. Please contact the library for dates.
University of the Third Age advice desk is available on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month, between 9.30am and 11.30am. The U3A Information Board is available inside the library building.
If you need support getting back into work then why not join us at Sandbach Library. You can access the latest jobs online and search the local papers for work. Computers have been reserved for Work Club members.
The club is run in conjunction with Congleton Learning Centre, as part of the East Cheshire Work Club Network. Contact Cath or Gail on 01260 290 682 or 07580 724 932 for more information.