Christmas bedtime stories
On Friday 15 December at 6.00pm we have an evening of seasonal bedtime stories. Free; no need to book. Wear your pyjamas, nightgown or Christmas colours.
Join us on Thursday 21 December at 10.30am for seasonal rhymes and songs with special guest, Mr Bookstart Bear.
Christmas and New Year opening hours
The library will be closed on Monday 25 December, Tuesday 26 December and Monday 1 January 2018 for the Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day bank holidays.
We wish all our customers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Saving money at your library week
Find out how the library can save you money between Monday 15 and Saturday 20 January. Come along to any of our events and find out more:
- Tuesday 16 January at 10.00-12.00 noon, bring your own device and find out how to download eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines. Drop-in event
- Thursday 18 January at 10.30am, rhymetime for pre-school children and their parents/carers
- Friday 19 January at 10.00-12.00 noon, coffee morning. Enjoy and browse and a chat over refreshments
- Saturday 20 January at 10.30am, family rhymetime. Bring the whole family to this special event. Free, and no need to book
Ancestry taster sessions
The cost is £5 for an hour long one to one session. Please contact the library for details and to book a session.
Computer Buddy sessions
Basic computer skills sessions with an IT buddy are now available at the library at £2.00 per hour. This entitles you to an hour's free use of the computers after your tutored session to practice what you have learned. Please contact the library for more details.
Poynton Library on Facebook
Activities at Poynton Library
- Let's talk about books - 2.00-3.00pm - monthly on second Tuesday of each month. All welcome to our informal book group, where we chat over a cup of tea or coffee. Next date is 9 January 2018
- LEGO Club - 3.30-4.45pm - monthly, on first Thursday of each month. Free; no need to book. Suitable for children aged 4 years and over. Duplo available for younger siblings. Next date is 4 January 2018
- Rhymetime - 10.30-11am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer. Please note, there will be no rhymetime on 28 December. Rhymetime resumes on 4 January 2018