Christmas and New Year opening hours
The library will be closed on Monday 25 December, Tuesday 26 December and Monday 1 January 2018 for the Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day bank holidays.
Learn my Way computer course
Do you want to develop your digital skills and make the most of the online world? Then join us for this free online course on Thursday 18 January at 3.30-4.30pm. Friendly, expert guidance will be on offer for any beginners who need help getting to grips with computers.
Save money at your library week
We have several events between 15 and 20 January to help you save money:
- Join us on Friday 19 January at 2.30-4.00pm for a special Knit, Stitch and Natter session, which will focus on how computers can help with your crafting. So, bring along your tablet, laptop or smartphone as well as your crafting!
- On Saturday 20 January at 10.30-12.30pm we have a free LEGO drop-in event setting a great challenge for all the family. Try building something that can withstand a fall from our 6ft ladder. The best builders will be entered into a prize draw to win a bundle of books
- On Saturday 20 January at 9.30-10.30am, we have a Speak to a Specialist event. A great opportunity to meet our Stock Specialist and find out exactly what is involved in bringing books to you. Free, and no need to book
Middlewich Library on Facebook
Activities at Middlewich Library
- Book Appreciation Society - 2.00-3.00pm - monthly. Meets on one Monday of each month. Bring along one or two of your favourite books to read and discuss with the group. Free. Please contact the library for details of the dates
- Rhymetime for under 5's - 10.30-11.00am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Children's book group - 5.00-6.00pm - monthly on last Thursday of each month. Free. Suitable for ages 7-12 years. If you love to read join us an chat about your favourite books and authors. Next date is 25 January
- Knit, stitch and natter - 2.30-4.00pm - fortnightly. Free group for anyone who can knit, crochet or sew, or who wants to learn how. Free; bring your own materials and share your skills, patterns, tips and chat with like-minded crafters. Free; refreshments available for £1.00. Next dates are 5 and 19 January 2018
- LEGO Club - 11.00-12.00 noon - monthly on the first Saturday of the month. Free group for children. Come along and build using our huge collection of LEGO pieces. Duplo available for children under 3. Free. Next date is 6 January 2018 on the theme of Toys and Games
Other organisations in the library
On Wednesday mornings at 9.00am-12.00 noon, Citizens Advice hold a drop-in session. Please note that the library is not open for other business at this time. There will be no sessions on Wednesdays 20 and 27 December.
If you need support getting back into work why not join us at Middlewich Library every Wednesday between 10.00am and 12.00 noon? We have experienced advisors on hand to help with CV writing, job application forms, and we can help you with the Universal Job Match website. You can access the latest jobs online and search the local papers for work. There is no need to book; just drop in. We even have free tea and coffee available.
The club is run in conjunction with Congleton Learning Centre, as part of the East Cheshire Work Club Network. Contact Cath or Gail on 01260 290 682 or 07580 724 932 for more information.