Animal Agents summer reading challenge
We have lots of events planned over the summer to encourage children to complete the challenge. Events are free unless otherwise stated, but please book in advance as places are limited:
Who stole the Teddy Bears' picnic?
Games, mystery and party food on Friday 25 August at 2.30-3.30pm. £2.50 per child.
Christine Johnson author visit
On Tuesday 29 August at 2.00-3.00pm meet the author of Max, Mole, and the Dinosaurs. £1.00 per child.
Get Online Week 2017
We have several activities planned during Get Online Week:
- Monday 2 October, Online Safety. Discover how to stay safe online with Learn my Way. Time to be confirmed.
- Thursday 5 October at 2.30-3.30pm, eMagazines. Learn how to browse, download and read our eMags - free to use for library members
- Friday 6 October, Online Searching. Learn how to search the Internet using Learn my Way and meet our Knit and Natter group. Time to be confirmed
Middlewich Library on Facebook
Activities at Middlewich Library
- Book Appreciation Society - 2.15pm - monthly. Meets on one Monday of each month. Please contact the library for details of the dates
- Rhymetime for under 5's - 10.30-11.00am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Children's book group - 5.00-6.00pm - monthly on last Thursday of each month. Free. Suitable for ages 7-12 years
- Knit, stitch and natter - 2.30-4.00pm - monthly. Meets on first Friday of each month. For anyone who can knit, crochet or sew, or who wants to learn how. Free; bring your own materials and share your skills, patterns, tips and chat with like-minded crafters
- LEGO Club - 11.00-12.00 noon - monthly on the first Saturday of the month. Duplo available for children under 3. Free
Other organisations in the library
On Wednesday mornings at 9.00am-12.00 noon, Citizens Advice hold a drop-in session. Please note that the library is not open for other business at this time.
If you need support getting back into work why not join us at Middlewich Library every Wednesday between 10.00am and 12.00 noon? We have experienced advisors on hand to help with CV writing, job application forms, and we can help you with the Universal Job Match website. You can access the latest jobs online and search the local papers for work. There is no need to book; just drop in. We even have free tea and coffee available.
The club is run in conjunction with Congleton Learning Centre, as part of the East Cheshire Work Club Network. Contact Cath or Gail on 01260 290 682 or 07580 724 932 for more information.