Animal Agents summer reading challenge
We have two more special events planned this month to keep children motivated to complete the challenge. Children must be accompanied by an adult:
On Thursday 24 August at 2.00-3.00pm we have a poetry workshop with children's poet, Paul Delaney, who will perform some of his work and help children with ideas for writing their own poems. Suitable for children aged 5-11 years. £2.50 per child.
On Tuesday 29 August use basic computing and code to compose music at this SHIFT interactive Patternbeats workshop. Book onto a session at 10.00-11.00am, 11.30-12.30pm or 1.00-2.00pm.
Ancestry taster sessions
Learn the basics of the Ancestry Library Edition genealogy website and start researching your family tree. £5.00. Please contact the library for further details or to book a session.
Knutsford Library on Facebook
Activities at Knutsford Library
- Current Affairs Discussion Group - 2.00-3.15pm - weekly. Share your bemusement at the ways of the world over a cup of tea or coffee. Free - all welcome
- IT Buddy - 2.00-3.00pm and 3.00-4.00pm - weekly. Please contact the library to book a one hour session at a cost of £2.00
- Baby Rhymetime, for babies under 12 months - 2.15-2.45pm - term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- LEGO Club - 3.30-4.30pm - monthly on last Tuesday of each month
- Make Friends with a Book - 11.00-12.00 noon - weekly. Make friends through shared reading. Refreshments available. Free, and no need to book
- Afternoon Tea Book Group - 2.00-3.15pm - every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month
- Under 5s Storytime - 11-11.30am - term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Under 5s rhymetime - 11.00-11.30am - term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
Other organisations in this library
The University of the Third Age meets in the library every Thursday at 10.00am until 12.00 noon. New members welcome.
Hampers of Hope
Hampers of Hope is a charity that provides food hampers to people in crisis, as well as offering other services such as job clubs, budgeting advice, cookery and parenting classes through their Hope Centres. You can find out more about their work on the Hampers of Hope website. If you would like to donate food to the charity, we now have a food donation bin available in the library.
Knutsford Job Advice Clinic
The Monday afternoon sessions are currently in abeyance. However, help is still available by appointment. Contact Anne Baker: email@example.com or 07803 936682, for information or to make an appointment.
The University of the Third Age will be holding Mahjong sessions in the library on alternate Fridays at 10.00-12.00 noon. Starts August 2017, check with the library for details.
Manchester Airport Community Information Point
Airport staff available to answer queries each Tuesday between 9.30am and 5pm, with the exception of the first Tuesday each month when the advice desk is available from 1pm to 7pm.
The University of the Third Age runs a Scrabble group each Friday at 2.00-4.00pm. £1.00 entry fee. New members welcome.
A group for creative writers who are beginners and/or in-the-middle-of-something. If you're seeking motivation and constructive feedback in a friendly and supportive environment join us on the last Tuesday of the month at 5.30pm (subject to change). All genres welcome. Contact Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.