May bank holidays
Please note that the library will be closed on Monday 1 May for the Early May Bank Holiday, and on Monday 29 May for the Spring Bank Holiday.
Lightening under their skirts
On Friday 19 May at 7.30pm, we are hosting a Cheshire Rural Touring Arts performance of the new play by Joy Winkler. Lightening Under Their Skirts is a funny, beautiful play about the monochrome 50s being swept aside and replaced by a bright new world. This Storm in the North production in association with Action Transport Theatre is directed by Kevin Dyer. Tickets £10.00 from the library.
IT Buddy and Ancestry taster sessions
These are available on request to help you with computer basics, email or family history online. Please contact the library for details.
Holmes Chapel Library on Facebook
Activities at Holmes Chapel Library
- Afternoon Tea Book Group - 2.15pm - fortnightly. Please contact the library for details of this free library book group. Friendship, conversation and refreshments available.
- Teen book group - 4.00pm - monthly. For young people with a love of books. Free, informal and refreshments provided
- Roots: family history group - 2.30-4.00pm - monthly. Please contact the library for further details and dates of meetings.
- Under 5s rhymetime - 11.00-11.30am - weekly during term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer.
- Make friends with a book - 2.00-3.00pm - weekly. Shared reading group, facilitated by The Reader Organisation. Friendship, conversation and refreshments.
Other organisations in the library
Stay and Play
Congleton Children's Centre are running Stay and Play sessions every Monday at 2.00-3.00pm. Storytelling, and arts and crafts messy play. Free to attend. Children must be accompanied and supervised throughout by an adult.