Animations in Minecraft
On Monday 10 April learn how to create animations in Minecraft at this special SHIFT workshop. Sessions will be at 10.00-11.00, 11.30-12.30, 1.00-2.00 and 2.30-3.30pm. Please book in advance. Suitable for children aged 5 years and over.
On Thursday 13 April we have another fantastic SHIFT workshop. Learn how to create music using a Patternbeats punchcard reader. Sessions will be at 10.00-11.00, 11.30-12.30, 1.00-2.00 and 2.30-3.30pm. Please book in advance. Suitable for children aged 5 years and over.
Handforth Library On Facebook
Activities at Handforth Library
- Storytime for under 5s - 2.30-3.00pm - weekly in term time only
- Book Lovers' Group - 5.30-6.30pm - monthly on the third Tuesday of every month. Free; donations welcome
- Crochet Club - 2.00-4.00pm - monthly on second Tuesday of each month. Join us with your own project or come and learn a simple technique for making crochet squares. Enjoy a chat and refreshments. £2.00; bring your own materials
- LEGO Club - 4.00pm - monthly on the last Tuesday of every month. Next date is 28 March
- Under 5s rhymetime - 11.00-11.30am - weekly in term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- IT Buddy - 2.15pm-3.15pm - weekly. Please contact the library to book a place. £2.00 for one hour
- Coding Club - 10.30-11.30am - monthly. Suitable for children aged 9-11 years. Bring your own laptop, or let us know in advance if you don't have one. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Please ask at the library or check our Facebook page for dates.
- LEGO Club - 10.00am - monthly on the last Saturday of every month. Next date is 25 March
Other organisations in the library
Hampers of Hope
Hampers of Hope is a charity that provides food hampers to people in crisis, as well as offering other services such as job clubs, budgeting advice, cookery and parenting classes through their Hope Centres. You can find out more about their work on the Hampers of Hope website. If you would like to donate food to the charity, we now have a food donation bin available in the library.
Lifelinks Cheshire East
Free health and wellbeing advice and support in the library on the second Friday of each month at 10.00am - 12.00 noon, and iTea and Chat on the fourth Friday of each month at 10.00-12.00 noon.