We're celebrating Elmer Day with craft activities between 10.00am and 12.00 noon on Saturday 27 May. Free; suitable for preschool and reception aged children.
There's model making fun with LEGO on Saturdays 27 May and 24 June at 10.00-11.00am; and on Tuesdays 30 May and 27 June at 4.00-5.00pm.
Spring bank holiday
Please note that the library will be closed on Monday 29 May for the Spring Bank Holiday.
Tickets for the Royal Cheshire County Show
Tickets for this year's show are available in person from Knutsford, Nantwich and Sandbach libraries. Alternatively, tickets can be purchased online via the Royal Cheshire County Show website.
A day at the zoo
On Thursday 1 June at 2.30-3.30pm we have a creative writing workshop with Explore Learning on the theme of a day at the zoo. Suitable for ages 5-6 years.
National Bookstart Week 2017
Join us for a special storytime at 2.30-3.00pm on Monday 5 June, and a rhymetime at 11.00-11.30am on Tuesday 6 June.
Talking Therapies drop-in session
On Fridays 9 and 23 June at 10.00-12.00 noon, get support and advice on issues such as debt, health, employment and bereavement from Talking Therapies.
Confidence and interview skills workshop
Get help to develop your interview skills with this short course on Friday 16 June and Friday 23 June at 9.30-4.30pm.
There's another free Coding Club for children aged 9-11 years on Saturday 17 June at 10.30-11.30am. Bring your own laptop if you can. There will be a small number of library PCs available on a first come, first served basis. Booking essential.
Book lovers' group
Join us on Tuesday 20 June at 5.30pm for this month's Book Lovers' Group, on the theme of holidays.
Handforth Library On Facebook
Activities at Handforth Library
- Storytime for under 5s - 2.30-3.00pm - weekly in term time only
- Book Lovers' Group - 5.30-6.30pm - monthly on the third Tuesday of every month. Free; donations welcome
- LEGO Club - 4.00pm - monthly on the last Tuesday of every month
- Under 5s rhymetime - 11.00-11.30am - weekly in term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- IT Buddy - 2.15pm-3.15pm - weekly. Please contact the library to book a place. £2.00 for one hour
- Coding Club - 10.30-11.30am - monthly. Suitable for children aged 9-11 years. Bring your own laptop, or let us know in advance if you don't have one. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Please ask at the library or check our Facebook page for dates.
- LEGO Club - 10.00am - monthly on the last Saturday of every month
Other organisations in the library
Hampers of Hope
Hampers of Hope is a charity that provides food hampers to people in crisis, as well as offering other services such as job clubs, budgeting advice, cookery and parenting classes through their Hope Centres. You can find out more about their work on the Hampers of Hope website. If you would like to donate food to the charity, we now have a food donation bin available in the library.