Animal Agents summer reading challenge
We have several events planned over the summer to motivate children to complete the challenge. Children must be accompanied by an adult:
LEGO Club will be held every Tuesday at 4.00-5.00pm during the summer holidays. No need to book, just drop in. Saturday club will resume in September.
Arts and crafts
On Tuesdays 8 and 22 August we have Arts and Crafts at 11.00-12.00 noon. Suitable for children aged 5 years and over. Please book as places are limited.
Fun Science workshop
On Monday 14 August at 11.00am we have a free Fun Science event for children aged 5 years and over. Please book in advance.
Explore Learning workshop
On Thursday 17 August at 3.00-4.00pm we have a creative writing workshop with Explore Learning, on the theme of The Frightful WW1. Suitable for children aged 9-14 years. Please book as places are limited.
Animal handling workshop
On Friday 18 August at 3.15-4.15pm Animal Magic will be here with some fantastic creatures. Suitable for children aged 5 years an dover. Please book as places are limited.
Infrared detective coding workshop
On Friday 1 September create your very own infrared detector circuit at this SHIFT workshop. Drop-in sessions at 10.00-12.00 noon and 1.00-3.00pm. Suitable for children aged 5 years and over.
Handforth Library On Facebook
Activities at Handforth Library
- Storytime for under 5s - 2.30-3.00pm - weekly in term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Book Lovers' Group - 5.30-6.30pm - monthly on the third Tuesday of every month. Free; donations welcome
- LEGO Club - 4.00pm - monthly on the last Tuesday of every month. Drop-in; no need to book. Dates over the summer are 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29 August
- Under 5s rhymetime - 11.00-11.30am - weekly in term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- IT Buddy - 2.15pm-3.15pm - weekly. Please contact the library to book a place. £2.00 for one hour
- LEGO Club - 10.00am - monthly on the last Saturday of every month. Please note there are no Saturday LEGO Clubs during the summer holidays
Other organisations in the library
Hampers of Hope
Hampers of Hope is a charity that provides food hampers to people in crisis, as well as offering other services such as job clubs, budgeting advice, cookery and parenting classes through their Hope Centres. You can find out more about their work on the Hampers of Hope website. If you would like to donate food to the charity, we now have a food donation bin available in the library.