There's model making fun with LEGO on Saturdays 29 April and 27 May at 10.00-11.00am; and on Tuesday 30 May at 4.00-5.00pm
May bank holidays
Please note that the library will be closed on Monday 1 May for the Early May Bank Holiday, and on Monday 29 May for the Spring Bank Holiday.
Who killed Tony Ferdinand?
In conjunction with Wilmslow Green Room, we are proud to present an Ann Cleeves murder mystery on Tuesday 9 May at 5.30-6.30pm. Tickets £2.50, including refreshments. Ann Cleeves books will be available to purchase on the night.
Put your sleuthing skills to the test to discover who killed Tony Ferdinand, as we enjoy an evening of murder mystery fun. Solve the puzzle and one lucky winner will be selected to win a special mystery prize.Wilmslow Green Room will perform the script written Ann Cleeves, popular author of the Vera and Shetland books, which have been adapted for television.
Explore Learning workshop
On 11 May at 3.30-4.30pm, we have a fun, friendly and informative children's writing workshop on the theme of Pirates. Free; suitable for children aged 8-10 years.
There's another free Coding Club for children aged 9-11 years on Saturday 20 May at 10.30-11.30am. Bring your own laptop if you can. There will be a small number of library PCs available on a first come, first served basis. Booking essential.
We're celebrating Elmer Day with craft activities between 10.00am and 12.00 noon on Saturday 27 May. Free; suitable for preschool and reception aged children.
Rhymetime in May
Our regular term-time Rhymetime will take place at 11.00-11.30am on Tuesdays 2, 9, 16 and 23 May.
Storytime in May
Our term-time Storytime will take place at 2.30-3.30pm on Mondays 8, 15, and 22 May.
Handforth Library On Facebook
Activities at Handforth Library
- Storytime for under 5s - 2.30-3.00pm - weekly in term time only
- Book Lovers' Group - 5.30-6.30pm - monthly on the third Tuesday of every month. Free; donations welcome. Next date is 16 May
- Crochet Club - 2.00-4.00pm - monthly on second Tuesday of each month. Join us with your own project or come and learn a simple technique for making crochet squares. Enjoy a chat and refreshments. £2.00; bring your own materials
- LEGO Club - 4.00pm - monthly on the last Tuesday of every month
- Under 5s rhymetime - 11.00-11.30am - weekly in term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- IT Buddy - 2.15pm-3.15pm - weekly. Please contact the library to book a place. £2.00 for one hour
- Coding Club - 10.30-11.30am - monthly. Suitable for children aged 9-11 years. Bring your own laptop, or let us know in advance if you don't have one. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Please ask at the library or check our Facebook page for dates.
- LEGO Club - 10.00am - monthly on the last Saturday of every month
Other organisations in the library
Hampers of Hope
Hampers of Hope is a charity that provides food hampers to people in crisis, as well as offering other services such as job clubs, budgeting advice, cookery and parenting classes through their Hope Centres. You can find out more about their work on the Hampers of Hope website. If you would like to donate food to the charity, we now have a food donation bin available in the library.