Christmas and New Year opening hours
The library will be closed on Monday 25 December, Tuesday 26 December and Monday 1 January 2018 for the Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day bank holidays.
Buddies are available each weekday for 1:1 basic IT sessions and advice. Get help with your device or learn the basics of getting online. £2.00 per hour or £1.00 per 30 minute session. Booking essential. We can now offer IT sessions in Polish and Indian languages.
Crewe Library on Facebook
Activities at Crewe Library
- IT and Chat - 10.00-12.00 noon - alternate Mondays. Staff and volunteers will be on hand to help with your technology queries. Please contact the library for further information. Next dates are 11 December, 8 and 22 January, 5 and 19 February
- Creative Writers Group - 5.30-6.45pm - third Tuesday of each month. £2.00 per session, including refreshments. Please contact Angus at the library for further details
- LEGO Club - 4.00-5.00pm - first Tuesday of the month. Open to all school age children, who must be accompanied by an adult. Free
- Under 5s storytime - 10.00 -10.30am - weekly stories, songs and rhymes. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Under 5s rhymetime - 11.00-11.30 - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
Other organisations in this library
HearSay shared reading group
HearSay is a shared reading group for anyone over the age of 16. Listen to stories and poems read aloud and chat over tea and biscuits in a friendly, welcoming environment. The group meets every Thursday at 1.00-2.30pm.
Macmillan Cancer Support
Get free advice and information in the library each Monday between 9.00am and 12.00 noon.
Police Community Support Officer advice desk
Local PCSO, Tracy Burndred, will be in the library every 5th Monday. Just drop in between 10.00 and11.30am to meet her.
If you need support getting back into work then why not join us at Crewe Library every Tuesday between 10.00am and 4.00pm? We have experienced careers advisors on hand to help with CV writing, job application forms, and we can help you with the Universal Job Match website. You can access the latest jobs online and search the local papers for work, or find out how to develop your skills with one of our training courses. There's no need to book; just drop in. We even have free tea and coffee available.
The club is run in conjunction with Congleton Learning Centre, as part of the East Cheshire Work Club Network. Contact Cath or Gail on 01260 290 682 or 07580 724 932 for more information.