We will be celebrating the Crafts Council's annual festival of new making with a festival of craft innovation and health inspired digital fun on Friday 27 October. The Wibble Wobble Olympics will challenge children aged 7 and over in both digital and physical tasks, giving them the opportunity to programme, design and craft their very own digital exercise machine. They can then test it in our special Wibble Wobble session in the afternoon in a fitness dance off.
Workshops run at 9.30-11.00am and 11.30-1.00pm. Groups will combine for the dance off between 2.30 and 3.30pm. Children will be invited back on Saturday 28 October to see their 3D Wibble Wobble medal being printed and awarded. Free event, but please book as places are limited.
Buddies are available each weekday for 1:1 basic IT sessions and advice. Get help with your device or learn the basics of getting online. £2.00 per hour or £1.00 per 30 minute session. Booking essential. We can now offer IT sessions in Polish and Indian languages.
Crewe Library on Facebook
Activities at Crewe Library
- IT and Chat - 10.00-12.00 noon - alternate Mondays. Staff and volunteers will be on hand to help with your technology queries. Please contact the library for further information
- Creative Writers Group - 5.30-6.45pm - third Tuesday of each month. £2.00 per session, including refreshments. Please contact Angus at the library for further details
- LEGO Club - 4.00-5.00pm - first Tuesday of the month. Open to school age library members, accompanied by an adult. Free
- Under 5s storytime - 10.00 -10.30am - weekly stories, songs and rhymes. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Under 5s rhymetime - 11.00-11.30 - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
Other organisations in this library
HearSay shared reading group
HearSay is a shared reading group for anyone over the age of 16. Listen to stories and poems read aloud and chat over tea and biscuits in a friendly, welcoming environment. The group meets every Thursday at 1.00-2.30pm.
Macmillan Cancer Support
Get free advice and information in the library each Monday between 9.00am and 12.00 noon.
Police Community Support Officer advice desk
Local PCSO, Tracy Burndred, will be in the library every 5th Monday. Just drop in between 10.00 and11.30am to meet her.
If you need support getting back into work then why not join us at Crewe Library every Tuesday between 10.00am and 4.00pm? We have experienced careers advisors on hand to help with CV writing, job application forms, and we can help you with the Universal Job Match website. You can access the latest jobs online and search the local papers for work, or find out how to develop your skills with one of our training courses. There's no need to book; just drop in. We even have free tea and coffee available.
The club is run in conjunction with Congleton Learning Centre, as part of the East Cheshire Work Club Network. Contact Cath or Gail on 01260 290 682 or 07580 724 932 for more information.