Animal Agents summer reading challenge
We have another special event to keep children motivated to complete the challenge on Thursday 17 August. Meet Christine Johnson, the author of Max, Mole and the Dinosaurs for a spellbinding story session, followed by colouring in artwork from the book. There will even be the chance to buy a signed copy of the book. Four sessions to choose from: 10.00-11.00am; 11.30-12.30pm; 1.00-2.00pm or 2.30-3.30pm. Please book as places are limited. Suitable for children aged 5-8 years.
Buddies are available each weekday for 1:1 basic IT sessions and advice. Get help with your device or learn the basics of getting online. £2.00 per hour or £1.00 per 30 minute session. Booking essential. We can now offer IT sessions in Polish and Indian languages.
Crewe Library on Facebook
Activities at Crewe Library
- IT and Chat - 10.00-12.00 noon - alternate Mondays. Staff and volunteers will be on hand to help with your technology queries. Please contact the library for further information
- Creative Writers Group - 5.30-6.45pm - third Tuesday of each month. £2.00 per session, including refreshments. Please contact Angus at the library for further details
- LEGO Club - 4.00-5.00pm - first Tuesday of the month. Open to school age library members, accompanied by an adult. Free
- Under 5s storytime - 10.00 -10.30am - weekly stories, songs and rhymes. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Under 5s rhymetime - 11.00-11.30 - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
Other organisations in this library
Macmillan Cancer Support
Get free advice and information in the library each Monday between 9.00am and 12.00 noon.
Police Community Support Officer advice desk
Local PCSO, Tracy Burndred, will be in the library every 5th Monday. Just drop in between 10.00 and11.30am to meet her.
If you need support getting back into work then why not join us at Crewe Library every Tuesday between 10.00am and 4.00pm? We have experienced careers advisors on hand to help with CV writing, job application forms, and we can help you with the Universal Job Match website. You can access the latest jobs online and search the local papers for work, or find out how to develop your skills with one of our training courses. There's no need to book; just drop in. We even have free tea and coffee available.
The club is run in conjunction with Congleton Learning Centre, as part of the East Cheshire Work Club Network. Contact Cath or Gail on 01260 290 682 or 07580 724 932 for more information.