On Monday 23 October at 6.00-6.30pm we have half-term Bedtime Stories. Wear cosy pajamas, bring a favourite teddy and share some gorgeous stories over milk and biscuits. Free, but please book in advance.
What to read next?
Devoured all the books by your favourite author? Join us on Friday 27 October between 10.00 and 11.30am when we will be guiding children and parents on how to use our online resources to find a new favourite read. Free, drop-in session.
David McCaddon author visit
Meet thriller writer, David McCaddon, on Tuesday 7 November at 2.30pm. David will be reading from his latest exciting new book, In Digital Pursuit. Free event, but please book in advance.
iTea and chat
On Friday 17 November we're offering hints and tips for tablets, smartphones and laptops. Bring your own device, or equipment can be provided. Free, just drop in between 2.00 and 4.00pm.
Congleton Library on Facebook
Activities at Congleton Library
- Tea and Story - 2.30-3.30pm - fourth Monday of each month (except Bank Holidays). Relax with refreshments and reading. All welcome. Next date is 17 November
- Crafts and Coffee - 2.00-3.00pm - monthly on second Tuesday of each month. £1.00; no need to book. Next date is 14 November
- Under 5s Storytime - 10.30-11.00am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- LEGO Club - 3.30-5.00pm - weekly. Free; children must be accompanied by an adult
- Under 5s rhymetime - 10.30-11.00am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Family activities - 10.00-12.00 noon - weekly. Join us for free drop-in crafts, games, LEGO or colouring
Other organisations in this library
Congleton Credit Union
A representative will be in the library every Saturday morning between 10.00 and 11.00am.
Macmillan Cancer Support
There is a representative from Macmillan in the library every fortnight on a Wednesday. Drop in between 10.00am and 12.00 noon for advice on treatments, benefits, support groups and more. Contact the library for dates.
Police Community Support Officer
The local Police Community Support Officer will hold a surgery in the library once a month. Please contact the library for details of the next visit.
One You Cheshire East
Get friendly local support to help you eat well, move more, stop smoking or drink less on alternate Tuesdays at 10.00-12.00 noon.
The Registrar is available in the ground floor office at Congleton Library on Mondays and Wednesdays strictly by appointment only. Phone 0300 123 5019 for an appointment.
Saturday coffee mornings
Meet a variety of local clubs, churches and groups in the meeting room most Saturdays between 9.00am and 12.00 noon. Contact the library for more information.