Tea and story for adults
Come along on Monday 27 February and relax and listen to short readings over a tea or coffee. Free; all welcome.
World Book Day rhymetime
Meet Mr Bookstart Bear at a special rhymetime to celebrate World Book Day on Thursday 2 March at 10.30am. 50p, including refreshments. Please book in advance,. Suitable for children aged under 5 and their parents/carers.
Congleton Unplugged music event
On Saturday 4 March at 2.00pm local musician, Phil Maddocks, will be performing an acoustic set in the library as part of Congleton Unplugged. Free; no need to book.
Get friendly local support to help you eat well, move more, stop smoking or drink less from the One You advice desk in the library at 10.00-12.00 noon on alternate Tuesdays from 7 March.
Crafts and coffee
Meet new people, enjoy refreshments and try the art of book folding on Tuesday 7 March at 2.00-3.00pm. £1.00 per person. All welcome; no need to book.
Mollie Blake author visit
Cheshire provocative romance author, Mollie Blake, will talk about her journey to being published and read from her latest book, The Secret at Arnford Hall, on Thursday 30 March at 7.00-8.00pm. £2.00, including refreshments. Please book in advance.
Congleton Library on Facebook
Activities at Congleton Library
- Tea and Story - 2.30-3.30pm - fourth Monday of each month (except Bank Holidays). Relax with refreshments and reading. All welcome
- Crafts and Coffee - 2.00-3.00pm - monthly on first Tuesday of each month. £1.00; no need to book
- Under 5s Storytime - 10.30-11.00am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- LEGO Club - 3.30-5.00pm - weekly. Free; children must be accompanied by an adult
- Under 5s rhymetime - 10.30-11.00am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Colour me Calm - 11.00-12.00 noon - weekly. Adult colouring club, drop-in activity
- Family activities - 10.00-12.00 noon - weekly. Join us for free drop-in crafts, games, LEGO or colouring
Other organisations in this library
Congleton Credit Union
A representative will be in the library every Saturday morning between 10.00 and 11.00am.
Fun French for toddlers, every Monday during term time at 1.30pm from 27 February. Contact email@example.com or 07714 251 968 for more information.
Macmillan Cancer Support
There is a representative from Macmillan in the library every fortnight on a Wednesday. Drop in between 10.00am and 12.00 noon for advice on treatments, benefits, support groups and more. Contact the library for dates.
One You Cheshire East
Get friendly local support to help you eat well, move more, stop smoking or drink less on alternate Tuesdays, starting from 7 March at 10.00-12.00 noon.
The Registrar is available in the ground floor office at Congleton Library on Mondays and Wednesdays strictly by appointment only. Phone 0300 123 5019 for an appointment.
Saturday coffee mornings
Meet a variety of local clubs, churches and groups in the meeting room most Saturdays between 9.00am and 12.00 noon. Contact the library for more information.