Animal Agents summer reading challenge
We have two more special summer reading challenge events to come this month. Children must be accompanied by an adult:
Fun science and secret messages
On Wednesday 23 August at 11.30-12.30pm we have a secret messages workshop with Fun Science. £3.00; please book in advance.
Crafts drop-in session
On Tuesday 29 August try Junk Modelling or Decorate a Biscuit. Just drop in between 2.00 and 4.00pm. 50p per activity.
The summer reading challenge finishes on Saturday 9 September, followed by award ceremonies for children who complete the challenge.
Dragon reading group
Join us for our book group for adults on Tuesday 5 September at 6.00-7.00pm. New members welcome. Contact the library for more information.
Hornet reading group
Join us for our reading group for adults on Tuesday 19 September at 6.00-7.00pm. New members welcome. Contact the library for more information.
Bollington Walking Festival 2017
Join us on Tuesday 26 September for Story and a Bear Hunt at 10.00am. Listen to a story in the library and then go outside on a bear hunt (weather permitting), then back to the library for refreshments. £2.00 per child. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
IT Buddy sessions
Our IT Buddy is available for one-to-one sessions to help with basic computer skills. Sessions must be booked in advance and there is a £2.00 charge. Please contact the library for more information.
Bollington Library on Facebook
Activities at Bollington Library
- LEGO Club - 4.00-5.00pm - monthly on second Tuesday of each month. Suitable for primary aged children, who must be accompanied by an adult. Free, but please book in advance. Next date is Tuesday 12 September
- Storytime - 10.00-10.30am - weekly. Suitable for babies, toddlers and pre-school children, who must be accompanied by an adult
- Rhymetime for the under 5s - 10.00-10.30 weekly. Suitable for babies, toddlers and pre-school children, who must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Ancestry and Find my Past online family history basics. £3.00 per hour. One-to-one sessions available. Please book in advance
- Story and tea for adults - 2.00-3.00pm - monthly. No charge and all adults welcome. Next date is Thursday 7 September
- Children's Book Club - 3.45-4.45pm - monthly. Free, no need to book. Suitable for children aged 7 years and over. Next date is Friday 8 September
- Rhymetime for the under 5s - 10.00-10.30 weekly. Suitable for babies, toddlers and pre-school children, who must be accompanied by a parent or carer.
Other organisations in this library
Hampers of Hope
Hampers of Hope is a charity that provides food hampers to people in crisis, as well as offering other services such as job clubs, budgeting advice, cookery and parenting classes through their Hope Centres. You can find out more about their work on the Hampers of Hope website. If you would like to donate food to the charity, we now have a food donation bin available in the library.
Local author, Nik Perring, leads the library writing group on Tuesday evenings. The group meets weekly at 5.30-7.00pm. New members are always welcome. There is a charge per session. Please contact the library for further details.