Summer Reading Challenge 2017
The children's summer reading challenge starts on Saturday 1 July. The theme this year is Animal Agents. It's free to join in. Children need to read a total of six books over the summer, collecting stickers as they go. Everyone who completes the challenge by Saturday 9 September will receive a medal and certificate.
New book club for adults
Join us on Tuesday 4 July at 6.00-7.00pm for our new reading group for adults.
More fun with LEGO on Tuesday 11 July at 4.00-5.00pm. Suitable for primary school aged children. Free, but places are limited. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Story and tea for adults
Join us for readings and refreshments on Thursday 13 July at 2.00-3.00pm, and share your love of books. Free; all adults welcome.
Children's book club
The next children's book club meeting is on Friday 14 July at 3.45-4.45pm. Suitable for children aged 7 years and over. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
On Friday 28 July at 2.00-3.30pm we have a workshop with cartoonist, Marc Jackson. Suitable for primary school aged children, who must be accompanied by an adult. Tickets £5.00; please book in advance.
Throughout June, we are offering free one-hour IT sessions for beginners. Contact the library for details and to book.
IT Buddy sessions
Our IT Buddy is available for one-to-one sessions to help with basic computer skills. Sessions must be booked in advance and there is a £2.00 charge. Please contact the library for more information.
Bollington Library on Facebook
Activities at Bollington Library
- LEGO Club - 4.00-5.00pm - monthly on second Tuesday of each month. Suitable for primary aged children, who must be accompanied by an adult. Free, but please book in advance
- Reading Group - 6.00pm - monthly on third Tuesday of the month. Next date is 18 July
- Storytime - 10.00-10.30am - weekly. Suitable for babies, toddlers and pre-school children, who must be accompanied by an adult
- Rhymetime for the under 5s - 10.00-10.30 weekly. Suitable for babies, toddlers and pre-school children, who must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Ancestry and Find my Past online family history basics. £3.00 per hour. One-to-one sessions available. Please book in advance
- Story and tea for adults - 2.00-3.00pm - monthly. Contact the library for details. Next date is 13 July
- Children's Book Club - 3.45-4.45pm - monthly. Contact the library for details. Next date is 14 July
- Rhymetime for the under 5s - 10.00-10.30 weekly. Suitable for babies, toddlers and pre-school children, who must be accompanied by a parent or carer.
Other organisations in this library
Hampers of Hope
Hampers of Hope is a charity that provides food hampers to people in crisis, as well as offering other services such as job clubs, budgeting advice, cookery and parenting classes through their Hope Centres. You can find out more about their work on the Hampers of Hope website. If you would like to donate food to the charity, we now have a food donation bin available in the library.
Local author, Nik Perring, leads the library writing group on Tuesday evenings. The group meets weekly at 5.30-7.00pm. New members are always welcome. There is a charge per session. Please contact the library for further details.