On Saturday 16 December we have a Christmas Craft and Decorate a Biscuit session for children. Just drop in between 10.00am and 12.00 noon. £2.00 per child.
Christmas and New Year opening hours
All our libraries will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day. As Bollington Library is not normally open on Mondays, the only day that will be affected by the bank holidays is Tuesday 26 December.
Morning book club
Join us on Tuesday 9 January at 11.00-12.00 noon for our monthly reading group for adults. New members welcome.
Evening book club
On Tuesday 9 January our Dragon reading group for adults will meet at 6.00-7.00pm. New members welcome.
Dads, mums, grandparents and children, join us on Saturday 13 January at 10.00am for a free family rhymetime.
Save money at your library week
Come along to one of our free events during the week and find out how we can help you to save money:
- Tuesday 16 January at 5.00-6.00pm, eResources Hour. Bring along your library card, tablet or smartphone and app store password and discover how to download our free eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines
- Wednesday 17 January, Micro:bit coding workshop. Children can learn how to code using our free Micro:bits. Spaces are limited so please contact the library to book in advance. Suitable for children aged 8 years and over. Children must be accompanied by an adult
IT Buddy sessions
Our IT Buddy is available for one-to-one sessions to help with basic computer skills. Sessions must be booked in advance and there is a £2.00 charge. Please contact the library for more information.
Bollington Library on Facebook
Activities at Bollington Library
- LEGO Club - 4.00-5.00pm - monthly on second Tuesday of each month. Suitable for primary aged children, who must be accompanied by an adult. Free, but please book in advance. Next date is 9 January 2018
- LEGO Club for adults - 5.45-6.45pm - monthly on second Tuesday of each month. Free, drop-in session. Next date is 9 January 2018
- Storytime - 10.00-10.30am - weekly. Suitable for babies, toddlers and pre-school children, who must be accompanied by an adult
- Rhymetime for the under 5s - 10.00-10.30 weekly. Suitable for babies, toddlers and pre-school children, who must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Ancestry and Find my Past online family history basics. £3.00 per hour. One-to-one sessions available. Please book in advance
- Story and tea for adults - 2.00-3.00pm - monthly. Join us for reading and refreshments, and share your love of books. Very informal. No charge, and all adults welcome. Next date is 4 January 2018
- Children's Book Club - 3.45-4.45pm - monthly. Free, no need to book. Suitable for children aged 7 years and over. Next date is 5 January 2018
- Rhymetime for the under 5s - 10.00-10.30 weekly. Suitable for babies, toddlers and pre-school children, who must be accompanied by a parent or carer.
Other organisations in this library
Local author, Nik Perring, leads the library writing group on Tuesday evenings. The group meets weekly at 5.30-7.00pm. New members are always welcome. There is a charge per session. Please contact the library for further details.