St Luke's Hospice Outreach and Alsager Community Support Centre
Have a chat with Kath Knight at our coffee morning on Wednesday 18 October, and find out more about St Luke's Hospice and how to get involved. You can also get information about the help, advice and support offered by ACSC.
The Royal British Legion
On Saturday 21 October call into the library between 10.00am and 12.00 noon and discover how you could get involved with the Alsager branch of the Royal British Legion.
On Monday 23 October at 2.30-3.00pm children can make a paper plane and see how far it will fly at our half-term craft event. Free, and no need to book.
Pumpkin carving - sold out
Please note, our half-term pumpkin carving activity on Thursday 26 October at 2.30-3.30pm is now sold out.
Room on the Broom crafts
Join us on Friday 27 October at 2.30-3.30pm for spooky Halloween crafts. £2.00 per child.
Alsager University of the Third Age drop-in
On Wednesdays 1 and 15 November, pop into our coffee morning and register with the U3A or find out more about their activities.
MS Society drop-in
On Wednesday 1 November chat to representatives from the MS Society and get information about the charity and its work. Just pop into our coffee morning, 10.00-12.00 noon.
Art exhibition and sale
From Monday 6 until Friday 17 November we are hosting an exhibition and sale by Alsager's Art Set. Proceeds from the sale will be donated to St Luke's Hospice. Call in during library open hours and you may even find an early Christmas present!
Alsager Girl Guides drop-in
Come and have a chat with volunteers from Alsager Girl Guides at our coffee morning on Wednesday 8 November. Find out more about their activities and whether you can help.
Community coffee morning
On Wednesday 15 November pop into our coffee morning, 10.00-12.00 noon, and discover the service offered by Talking Newspapers, and the help and support available from Alsager Community Support Centre. You can also chat to volunteers from Alsager Voluntary Care and Alsager Civic Luncheon Club.
Standing in Line, a story of the Great War
On Friday 17 November at 7.30pm we are pleased to present Standing in Line, a story of the Great War told in songs, images and readings. Tickets £7.50 from the library on online via Ticketsource. Please book in advance. This is a See it Live in Libraries event in conjunction with Cheshire Rural Touring Arts.
Godfrey Barlow author visit
On Tuesday 21 November at 7.00pm meet Godfrey Barlow, author of Unsurpassed - the story of Tommy Godwin, the world's greatest distance cyclist. Godfrey will talk about his book and Tommy's achievements. Tommy, from Stoke-on-Trent, still holds the record for the fastest 100,000 miles, which he set in 1940. Tickets £2.00; please book in advance as places are limited.
Christmas crafts for adults
On Tuesday 28 November at 2.30-4.00pm we have adult Christmas crafts, including Christmas decorations and a pine cone workshop. Tickets £5.00, includes a hot drink and mince pie. Please book as places are limited.
New to computers? Alsager Library offers the help of an IT Buddy. Please contact the library for further details and to book a 1-hour slot.
Alsager Library on Facebook
Activities at Alsager Library
- Fifty Shades of Colour - 2.30-4.00pm - weekly. Adult colouring club. 50p, including refreshments
- Rhymetime for pre-schoolers - 10.00-10.30am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer. Rhymetime refreshments served at 10.30am
- Adult Short Story Group - 11.00am - 12.00 noon - meets on first Tuesday of the month. Free. Next date is 7 November
- Ancestry workshop - call for an appointment - £3.00 for 1-hour session using this online family history resource
- LEGO Club - 3.30pm - 4.30pm - Free. Monthly on third Tuesday. Next date is 21 November
- Alsager Memory Cafe - 10.30am-12.30pm - monthly on last Friday of each month. Next dates are 27 October and 24 November
- Little Bookworms - 10.00am - 10.30am - weekly. Stories and music
- Rhymetime for ages 0-18 months - 2.00-2.30pm - weekly, term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Children's crafts - from 10.30am- monthly on the fourth Saturday of the month. Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Family activities - from 10.30am - on the second, third and fifth Saturdays of each month. Join us for jigsaws, board games, and more. Children must be accompanied by an adult
- LEGO Club - from 10.30am - monthly on the first Saturday of each month. Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Storytime for preschool children - 10.30-11.00am - on the second, third and fifth Saturdays of each month. Children must be accompanied by an adult
Other organisations in this library
Alsager Chess Club
Want to learn how to play chess? Come along for a lesson with the club on Wednesdays between 10.00am and 12.00 noon. Free, just drop in.
Alsager Creative Stitchers
The group meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 2.00pm - 4.00pm for a variety of activities, talks and workshops. Next date is 7 November.
Little Bug Theatre drama classes
Drama classes for children on Mondays at 5.00-6.00pm for ages 6-8 years and 6.00-7.00pm for ages 9-14 years. There is a charge of £4.00 per class. Contact Ceri on 07890 435066 or email email@example.com for details.
Classes take place in the library on Thursday afternoons. Please contact us for dates, times and availability. There is a charge for these classes.
U3A information board
There is an information board in the library with details of contacts and activities.
Adult Yoga Classes on:
- Tuesdays 10.30am - 11.30am
- Thursdays 10.30am - 11.30am
- Thursdays 7.30pm - 9.30pm
There is a charge for these classes. Please contact the library to check the details.