Animal Agents summer reading challenge
We have lots of events planned over the summer to keep children motivated to complete the challenge. Children must be accompanied by an adult:
Where's Wally fun
Join us on Friday 18 August at 10.00-11.00am for Where's Wally fun. Suitable for children aged 5-8 years. Free, but please book in advance.
Explore Learning workshops
On Friday 25 August at 4.00-5.00pm enjoy a Day at the Zoo with this Explore Learning writing workshop. Suitable for children aged 4-6 years. Free; please book as places are limited.
We have family craft sessions every Tuesday in August. Free; just drop in.
Drop in any Thursday in August for a free family games session.
Ancestry online family history
Would you like to learn how to use Ancestry Library Edition to help trace your family history? You can book a 1:1 session for £3.00; £5.00 with notes. Contact the library for details and to book.
Alderley Edge Library on Facebook
Activities at Alderley Edge Library
- Under 5s rhymetime - 10.00 -10.30am - term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- LEGO Club - 4.00-5.00pm - monthly on second Thursday of each month
- Reading Group - 5.45 - 6.45pm - monthly. Meets on the third Thursday of the month. £8.00 annual joining fee
- Baby Rhymetime - 2.15-2.45pm - weekly. For babies under 12 months, who are not yet walking, and their carers
- Book Lovers Group - 10.00-11.00am - monthly. Meets on the first Friday of each month
Other organisations in the library
Hampers of Hope
Hampers of Hope is a charity that provides food hampers to people in crisis, as well as offering other services such as job clubs, budgeting advice, cookery and parenting classes through their Hope Centres. You can find out more about their work on the Hampers of Hope website. If you would like to donate food to the charity, we now have a food donation bin available in the library.