We think you will find the following links useful, but please note that Cheshire East Council accepts no responsibility for external sites or their contents.
S = Subscription service brought to you free of charge by Cheshire Libraries.
Books and reading groups
- 123 Price Check Searches for the best new book price in the UK
- British Arts Festivals Association Literature festivals
- Cambridge History of English and American Literature Covers up to the end of the Nineteenth century
- Fantastic Fiction Comprehensive bibliographies for over 15,000 authors as well as information on 250,000 books including cover picture, description and publication details
- Good Reads
- Historical Novels
- Life and works of William Shakespeare
- MacGuffin Self-publishing platform from Comma Press. Wealth of short stories and poetry to read or listen to, or publish your own writing and recordings
- Oxford Bibliographies S Authoritative research guides for Victorian Literature and British and Irish Literature
- Rare Book Room
- Reading Groups for Everyone UK's largest reading group network, hosted by The Reading Agency
- Reading lists Based on book awards, special collections, best sellers, talking books and more
- Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) Free talking books service with over 25,000 titles. Available as digital downloads or by post on DAISY CD or USB stick. Braille and giant print books also available, as well as music scores, and newspapers and magazines in a range of formats
- Super Summary Study guides for a wide range of fiction and non-fiction titles
- Used Book Search Searches several major book dealers for used books
- Western European Literature Lists Internet sources for literary texts in the western European languages other than English
- Who Else Writes Like...? S encourages readers to try the works of new authors and to open up to them the wealth of good reading that is available.
- Who Next...? S lists writers of children’s fiction with suggestions of other authors who write in a similar way, together with key book and series titles
eBooks are available through Cheshire East Libraries. Library members can choose from a range of over 1,000 free eBooks to download to read on a compatible device.
Titles can be downloaded 24/7. They never go overdue and there are no late charges. eBooks are easy to use but if you have any problems there is help available on the site or you can speak to someone at your local library.
Note: members who join online will need to visit a library to upgrade their membership in order to be able to access this service.
You will also find a list of ebook resources in our directory of services, under eBooks.
Library members can choose from over 1,000 free audio downloads from RBdigital - the new name for OneClickDigital. Listen on your PC, Mac, MP3 player or smartphone. Titles never go overdue and there are no late charges!
Note: members who join online should visit a library to upgrade their membership in order to access this service.
If you have previously registered on OneClickDigital you do not need to re-register - your app will automatically upgrade to the new enhanced RBdigital app.
We subscribe to a range of titles from Magzter. Just create a library user account using your library card number. Magazines can be streamed online or downloaded and stored via the Magzter Library app.