Crewe Lifestyle Centre
The Lifestyle Centre houses an impressive range of leisure and community facilities accessible for everyone.
As well as an eight lane 25m pool and a world class fitness suite it also has a brand new two storey library and both adult and children’s services located in the building. For more information on the sports and leisure facility elements, see the link or visit Crewe Lifestyle Centre on the Everybody Sport and Recreation website.
You can also follow progress on the Crewe Lifestyle Centre facebook page.
What's been happening?
The Lifestyle Centre opened its doors to the first gym and leisure users on 1st April with all areas fully open and available to the public from the 18th April. The centre has played host to a number of events since then including the Police & Crime Commissioner Election verification on the 5th May 2016.
More recently the Lifestyle Centre was officially opened by Sir Philip Craven, President of the International Paralympic Committee, on the 26th May as part of a ceremony at the Centre. Sir Philip also took part in a tour of the centre along with a number of other guests including Cheshire East’s Mayor, Olivia Hunter and Project Champion Cllr Janet Clowes. More information on this can be found in the press release.
Take a virtual tour
The following video gives you a flavour of the facilities on offer at Crewe Lifestyle Centre
- The building has a floor area of 7611sqm – approx. the same size as the Wembley pitch
- There are 60,000m of cabling or if you prefer the old style of measurement that is just over 37 miles
- There are 153,000 thousand bricks
- The building is sitting on 1,578 metric tonnes of concrete (an equivalent of 105 wagon loads) with one base alone containing 58cubic metres of concrete or in other words 10 wagon loads
- The 2 pools contain 786.6m3 of water the equivalent of normal 7868 baths.
- There is also around 5,000m of piping in the building – it would take Mo Farah 13mins to run the length of it!
- The building contains 20,000sqm of plasterboard and ceilings – that’s almost 5 acres!
- The library will be home to 46,080 books , 1200 DVDs, and around 100 audio books