Disability Relocation Assistance
A grant to help disabled people move to a more suitable
Disability Relocation Assistance is a grant of up to £3,000 to
assist people with disabilities with the costs of moving
What can I get help with?
Typical costs include:
- Removal costs
- Legal costs including fees for searches
- Home Information Pack costs
- Disconnection and reconnection of household appliances
- Removal and reinstallation of disability equipment
Am I eligible for this
To qualify for this grant, the following criteria apply:
- You must be unable to afford the full cost of the eligible
relocation expenses. This will be established using a Test of
Resources (means test).
- The property you are moving from must be in Cheshire East (although
the property you are moving to
doesn't necessarily have to be in Cheshire East)
- The disabled person must have been assessed as needing
adaptations by an OT but your current property can't be
How can I apply?
Please talk to your Occupational Therapist. If you do
not have an Occupational Therapist, contact Referral and Advice on