Congleton Town Centre improvements
We are working to improve Congleton town centre and will deliver these works in a series of phases. The work will provide junction improvements in the centre of Congleton, and an enhanced town centre environment. Features of the Congleton town centre scheme include:
- provision of wider footways at Swan Bank junction
- new footway paving through Duke Street and Bridge Street
- decorative feature paving decorative road surfacing at Swan Bank, and at Market Street / High Street junction
- decorative lighting features
- improved levels of lighting
- replacement street furniture
- new planting
This improvement work has been ongoing since July and will take six months to complete. We will be working in distinct areas, as colour coded below.
We understand there is no right time to work in such a key location as Congleton town centre, and this scheme has been carefully planned to minimise disruption. We will be working during the day, on weekdays and some weekends to ensure that work is completed in line with the proposed schedule.
Schedule of remaining planned work
We will be working until mid December, and plan to complete the scheme at the end of January.
Duke Street and Bridge Street
Work began in early September, and finishes in late January, when new footway paving, street lighting and street furniture will be installed.
Safe working zones will be created using barriers for this phase of the scheme.
- local businesses remain open as usual
- in most cases, pedestrians and vehicles will be directed around our works, with access to shops and restaurants maintained where it is safe to do so
- on site personnel will be on hand to provide help and advice to members of the public for the duration of the scheme and are the best way to find out more information about these works
- Traffic management is necessary to protect the safety of both members of the public and our workforce whilst we complete the scheme